Anthony Gordon

Jack27

16 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

So a person refusing to go to training wouldn't cause unrest in the dressing room? I think it certainly would, can you imagine the likes of Trippier if that happened. Totally disagree there mind.

Trippier and Gordon already got up in each other's faces once before as well. 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I understand debate about his ability as a player, but just making up a narrative about a bad character who'll destroy the dressing room is a bit bizarre.

Never said he would destroy the dressing room, we have too many no shit characters to allow that to happen. He's totally unprofessional though to miss training, which then makes me question whether he's the right character when the chips are down. If he signs, then you have to trust Howe, personally I hope he doesn't though as I just don't think he's good enough either. 

43 minutes ago, duo said:

We've Miggy for that plus he has better end product.

Miggy running around like a madman on the right flank chasing people for blood with Gordon on the left flank doing the same would make us an even more incredibly difficult team to play against. 

5 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Miggy running around like a madman on the right flank chasing people for blood with Gordon on the left flank doing the same would make us an even more incredibly difficult team to play against. 

Miggy doesn't do the mad man bit any more. He puts loads in but his press is much more aimed now, it's all timed and at the right points to force the oppo into certain areas or just launching it.

Edited by madras

Just now, madras said:

Miggy doesn't do the mad man bit any more. He puts loads in but his press is mucg more aimed niw, it's all timed and at the right points to force the oppo into certain areas or just launching it.

I agree, my post was to a reply that implied we have miggy closing down so we don't need Gordan. I was just pointing out that the more players we have who can hold an intense press for long periods will make us even stronger at winning the ball back. 

This is why Howe likes Murphy so much and I feel Gordan is an upgrade on Murphy so signing him would definitely make our squad and options stronger. 

6 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Never said he would destroy the dressing room, we have too many no shit characters to allow that to happen. He's totally unprofessional though to miss training, which then makes me question whether he's the right character when the chips are down. If he signs, then you have to trust Howe, personally I hope he doesn't though as I just don't think he's good enough either. 

Kane did the same thing and he's generally considered to have a really good character.

IMO Gordon was one of the only Everton players who showed heart in their relegation battle last season. This season he seems to become the boo boy for their fans, getting chased through streets in his car and abused. Can't get a game for one of the worst sides in the league but the club are taking the piss by trying to ask for £60m for him. So I can understand him trying to force the move a bit. 

2 hours ago, et tu brute said:

In that scenario you still turn into training and put in a transfer request. Any other working environment and failure to turn into work, would usually result in you being dismissed

Probably not a lot of other working environments where you wait for your employer to sell you.

2 hours ago, Jaqen said:

Kane did the same thing and he's generally considered to have a really good character.

IMO Gordon was one of the only Everton players who showed heart in their relegation battle last season. This season he seems to become the boo boy for their fans, getting chased through streets in his car and abused. Can't get a game for one of the worst sides in the league but the club are taking the piss by trying to ask for £60m for him. So I can understand him trying to force the move a bit. 

It’s unfortunately completely normal for supporters to question ‘one of their own’ more than others whether doing well or doing shite.

NUFC’s support has done it for as long as I can remember - holding our own to higher standards.  

Something doesn't seem to sit right with me about this transfer, the Everton fans want rid of him because of his lack of effort, he's obviously a little scroat and is he even close to the England first 11.

Maddison seems a much better deal to me but I'll trust the club with their decision 

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Something doesn't seem to sit right with me about this transfer, the Everton fans want rid of him because of his lack of effort, he's obviously a little scroat and is he even close to the England first 11.

Maddison seems a much better deal to me but I'll trust the club with their decision 

Maddison won’t be sold this window. No chance Leicester would risk their survival battle at this moment. Summer would be another story.

I think it will be a superb addition to our squad , this kid is a player and clearly wanted out of Everton. That doesn’t worry me at all, EH wants him and that’s good enough for me …he’s the fucking expert.[emoji38]

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Chelsea see in for Onana, wonder if Everton would sell both him and Gordon in the same window, especially so late on ?

I’m sure Uncle Kia has some totally above board deals ready for Moshiri and Kenwright.