Anthony Gordon

Jack27

8 minutes ago, IzzyIsak said:

I'm still not seeing much concrete about this happening yet.

What is it you are after? NUFC won't comment on it and neither are Everton.

Been reported we made a bid and they want 60 million.  Strangley player does not attend training.

Think we can all see whats going on.

Edited by Slim

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

You would imagine Everton won’t want it going down to the last day because they would need a replacement. 

Absolutely. Think this will likely be done one way or another by the weekend. We also need time to pivot if we decide to walk away. 

Edited by sushimonster85

1 hour ago, McDog said:

Toffee  forum speculates he told his agent “get me the fuck out of here” after that. I have a feeling his agent was given one valuation ;but then when two clubs come in for him they jacked it up. 

...and he may well think himself that they're taking the piss valuing him at £60m if he has a head on his shoulders, and feels he has to help knock some sense into them.

I don't know the full details. It's true that I'm not wild about players going AWOL to force moves, but I also know there can be much more to these situations on every level so I don't think there's any good in us getting too judgemental about it.

4 minutes ago, STM said:

Something 30m with 12m add ons would be about right for me. Not a huge outlay for a young British player.

How much did Gibbs-White go for?

Pretty much that: £25 up front and £17m in add ons.

Here’s my tuppence. Move is done, agreed and all parties happy. Everton however do not have the inclination to spend the money they’ll get for him so later the deal goes through.. ie Tuesday evening, the better.

We can parade him at half time and then they can say they didn’t have the time to get a replacement in.

The reality is that they may go down so this money will be vital in the chance they do. I don’t think they have the confidence at this stage in the season to reverse the damage and league position that we did last year.

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

Here’s my tuppence. Move is done, agreed and all parties happy. Everton however do not have the inclination to spend the money they’ll get for him so later the deal goes through.. ie Tuesday evening, the better.

We can parade him at half time and then they can say they didn’t have the time to get a replacement in.

The reality is that they may go down so this money will be vital in the chance they do. I don’t think they have the confidence at this stage in the season to reverse the damage and league position that we did last year.

Smacks of Ashley tactics. He’s trained us well!

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

Smacks of Ashley tactics. He’s trained us well!

Tactics are all on Everton’s side I reckon. We’re good to go whenever, but it doesn’t make a difference to our next game if he’s signed before or not. 

2 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Tactics are all on Everton’s side I reckon. We’re good to go whenever, but it doesn’t make a difference to our next game if he’s signed before or not. 

Definitely but Moshiri would be taking tips straight from the MASH playbook. Case study being the Andy Carroll deal. 

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Talking to an Everton fan at work - they think it's gonna be done by this weekend. That's the talk on their boards.

Probably waiting to see who their manager is going to be. Looks like it'll be either Bielsa or Dyche, both in London having talks with them today.

5 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Probably waiting to see who their manager is going to be. Looks like it'll be either Bielsa or Dyche, both in London having talks with them today.

I could imagine Bielsa wanting to keep him, Dyche I’m not so sure.