Anthony Gordon

Jack27

1 minute ago, TRon said:

The players with the extra quality might not have the same work ethic which is pretty much a must in an Eddie Howe team. You mentioned Maxi as an example of quality for example, there's a case in point. No one doubts his ability, but he's never going to press for 90 mins like Gordon or Miggy.

Yeh at some point you need to have both.

Can ASM keep the workrate up? I think he can. It's not like he's had long stretches out the first team when fit.

Can Gordon have more ability on the ball? Still young and developing I guess.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

And still it continues ...

Why do you believe they have prioritised Gordon ahead of this Maddison type and chosen to forego that sort of signing? And what makes you think Maddison or any other similar profile of player has not been targeted this window?

Because that's the direction they think is best for the team.

I'm not saying they are wrong, and I'm not saying Gordon will be a bad signing. What I am saying is that I personally would prefer to have a different type of player rather than someone who in style is quite similar to what we have.

I just like variety, Ginola and Gillespie were great as they had completely different strengths and styles whereas now we can replace Miggy with Murphy and style wise it doesn't give the full back anything new to worry about (unless they crumble under a wave). All about opinions

Just now, STM said:

He's 21, if he spends the bulk of his career here, its a fair price. If he doesn't, we will get half of that back. 

Unless he goes on strike until we either sell him for less or run down his contract with nothing back.