Anthony Gordon

Jack27

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Eye-wateringly high price but that'll be the British premium. 

It's an exciting signing imo. Young, promising, English players tend not to leave the likes of Everton unless it's to the established challengers. 

Looking forward to seeing what Howe can do with him. 

British premium + Newcastle tax - Chelsea not interested discount.

Just now, dinotheprehistoricgeordie said:

£45 million :lol:

What the fuck are we doing. Talking about needing to think about financial fair play then spending £45 million on Gordon, I don't get this at all.

Don't worry about it. Three transfer windows in a row we've fallen for the "honestly, we're skint" line. 

Just now, dinotheprehistoricgeordie said:

What the fuck are we doing. Talking about needing to think about financial fair play then spending £45 million on Gordon, I don't get this at all.

FFP has more than one thing we have to balance. At the moment we could pay a big fee but big wages are what we will struggle to accommodate at this exact moment. Esp if we are giving Bruno improved terms.

1 minute ago, dinotheprehistoricgeordie said:

It’s only pretend  FFP, we’ve yet to see our new sponsors [emoji38]

3 minutes ago, dinotheprehistoricgeordie said:

FFP concern is with wages-to-turnover ratio, not as much with purchase price. 

The signing doesn't make me do cartwheels, probably more because he's so punchable and the amount of money

But I've said in the past I think he has some raw attributes and I trust Howe to get him performing well. Also I need to stop thinking about the money, it's not mine and I need to care less about it