Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Just now, wormy said:

It's attacking reinforcements that can (most likely, at first anyway) come off the bench with a bit of energy.

Yeah good point. We've learned only too recently about the novelty of having genuine difference-makers on the bench; even Murphy does his bit in the last ten minutes of games. Adding more pace and energy to the bench can only be a good thing. 

Good business this, there has to be a balance between the handsomeness of Wilson, Schar and Botman, and the hard weathered looks of Targett and Longstaff.

We've been lacking in the later for a while now, so I approve of this.

I trust Eddie and I'll get behind the lad but Everton fans being over the moon that he's fucked off here hasn't exactly inspired much confidence. 

I'm looking forward to him banging one in at Everton and seeing his rat face riling them all up.

Edited by mikejaxer

Just now, mikejaxer said:

I trust Eddie and I'll get behind the lad but Everton fans being over the moon that he's fucked off here hasn't exactly inspired much confidence. 

I'm looking forward to him banging one in at Everton and seeing his rat face riling them all up.

shushing pickford and the crowd as he jumps into the lower tier of the away support kissing his badge

12 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Just to play devil’s advocate. Trossard is 6 years older, had 6-18 months left on his contract depending on what was believed with his extension and of course he isn’t English. So no daft premium to pay. 

Gordon only signed a decent £45k a week 5 year contract only last year, didn’t he. I suppose he was also

pushing to leave, mind. 

Would have rather had Trossard. But I can see why Howe would want Gordon and thinks he can fit the system. Plus Arsenal are a more attractive club to join at this stage. 

Yeh, I think these are all good points - especially on wages, you'd imagine. I always find the English premium so strange, I'd have thought there would more be a PL experience premium more than English-specific. I think other posters have correctly pointed out that we're also paying for long-term potential, but it's not like Trossard doesn't have time and room to grow. I'd imagine we inquired given Ashworth's connections. 

Absolutely agree re: attributes Gordon has which attract Howe. Good post.

1 minute ago, mikejaxer said:

Everton fans are mad at the world right now and have made him one of the primary scapegoats. I bet this kid arrives with some serious motivation to prove everyone wrong.

:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

1 minute ago, Cookie1892 said:

shushing pickford and the crowd as he jumps into the lower tier of the away support kissing his badge

It's not gonna happen but I would love it if he did that while scoring the goal that relegates them

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

That face definitely improves with our top on. Don’t seem to want to wallop it with a lump hammer as much.

1 minute ago, kocunar said:

Honestly I don't dislike him as a player, he is a classic example of a player you hate at other clubs and love in your club.

The only reason I don't like this move is the money involved.

Without knowing exactly how much money we can spend, it's a pointless thing to worry about.