Anthony Gordon

Jack27

With the season he's been having, Maddison may now have other suitors.

Us bidding for him twice suggests he must have been up for it, but we may not be his first choice now. He might have played himself a move to Man City, for example.

Saying the same as everyone but Everton have got the better deal here. He’s got to improve a lot to justify that fee and it’s a big one for a club in FFP turmoil.

No one else was gonna pay that. 

Despite thinking he’s shite I’ll give him a fair shot from now on as I’m sure everyone else will. 

If he’s the only incoming it’s a missed opportunity for us to ensure European football though - it’d be very underwhelming when so many others are strengthening. 

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

If Leicester made him available for a fair price that took into account his contract situation as well, I have no doubt we would go for him. 

Is it free in summer (I know it isn’t really) vs some inappropriate amount from Leicester now?

I can see us holding on for summer, now way we are being taken to the cleaners. Waited for botman and told manure we would give lingard loan a miss. 

only problem is if he’s on a free, I have heard Tottenham would be sniffing.

Just now, duo said:

Am struggle to see the £40Mil player....

Everton Career

SeasonSquad No.League Apps (sub)League GoalsCup Apps (sub)Cup GoalsTotal Apps (sub)Total Goals

2022-231012 (4)31 (1)013 (5)3

2021-222425 (10)45 (2)030 (10)4

2020-21241 (2)02 (2)03 (4)0

2019-20424 (7)00 (1)04 (8)0

2018-19590 (0)00 (0)00 (0)0

2017-18700 (0)00 (1)00 (1)0

Totals42 (23)78 (5)050 (28)7

Loan Spells

SeasonTeamLeague AppsLeague GoalsCup AppsCup Goals

2020-21Preston NE5 (6)00 (0)0

Everton U23s Career

2020-21Under-23s1 (0)00 (0)0

2019-20Under-23s9 (0)65 (0)1

2018-19Under-23s5 (8)16 (3)1

2017-18Under-23s0 (0)00 (1)0

Everton U18s Career

2018-19Under-18s 2 (0)04 (0)3

2017-18Under-18s 15 (0)144 (1)1

2016-17Under-18s3 (6)00 (0)0

Which £40m 21 year old English players have you compared him to?

Not my first choice at all, but will of course support him to the fullest when he is in the kit. But for me its going to be a bit rough. I know its my own bias on his antics, but I just dont know how the kid is worth that much.

1 minute ago, FLUMPO235 said:

Is it free in summer (I know it isn’t really) vs some inappropriate amount from Leicester now?

I can see us holding on for summer, now way we are being taken to the cleaners. Waited for botman and told manure we would give lingard loan a miss. 

only problem is if he’s on a free, I have heard Tottenham would be sniffing.

He's not free, still another year on the contract.

9 minutes ago, mikejaxer said:

It's not gonna happen but I would love it if he did that while scoring the goal that relegates them

oh aye forgot about that, imagine they lose the prem league revenue on a goal that he scores thus negating the 40million we gave them for his services

Its almost poetic

I'd be more bothered about the price tag if Ashley was still our owner, because then you know it's one and done for a couple of years, barring complete league disaster. 

Putting my trust in the money men and Howe, if he wants him I'm glad we've backed him. 

I hope he does well for us. He might do, who knows but I cant help but feel we've dropped a massive bollock. 

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/anthony-gordon.115788/page-925

This thread makes for some viewing like. They're delighted he's gone and think its sensational business for them. Guess we'll find out if he's as mediocre as they say. 

Ffs just seen the title change, after 3 days of waking up and expecting this to say something it’s been nothing, now missed it when it’s changed.

let’s get him welcomed and show him what real fans are like. Let’s get him chased down the street for autographs rather than a lynching 

Just now, Doctor Zaius said:

I hope he does well for us. He might do, who knows but I cant help but feel we've dropped a massive bollock. 

This thread makes for some viewing like. They're delighted he's gone and think its sensational business for them. Guess we'll find out if he's as mediocre as they say. 

when have Everton fans ever been right about anything? In a year or two they'll be livid they sold him

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

Which £40m 21 year old English players have you compared him to?

I am struggling to seeing what he's done to show the value - only thing he seems to have shown is his ability to press.

Just now, Doctor Zaius said:

Aye, wait till Moshiri trousers that £40m, ala Ashley and the Carroll money.

1 minute ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Wijnaldum wasn't popular here either. He did alright when he left.