Anthony Gordon

Jack27

He wouldn’t be my first choice either but he’s young, great work rate and has a decent eye for goal. Not saying every play we sign will be a success but you’d be insane not to trust Howe and co. Understandable not to like him before joining us but to genuinely be upset at this you’re a weirdo. 

Trust those in charge that they know what they’re doing. Would be lying if I wasn’t a bit concerned about the fee and that tying us up in regards to future spending mind. Hopefully a few weeks with Eddie will leave this looking like a masterstroke 

REMINDER - you cannot know what it means for our FFP situation without knowing the contract length.

5 year deal - 8m/yr in FFP

6 year deal - 6.7m/yr

7 year deal - 5.7m/yr

8 year deal - 5m/yr

Wait until we see the contract to know for sure. 

He's a tall, young, energetic shithouse who knows how to win free kicks and roll on the ground. He's basically the prototype for what Eddie is turning the team into.

Sounds like he can't finish for toffee either, so he'll fit in perfectly.

He'll come here with a massive chip on his shoulder for the way it's ended for him there, and with a big point to prove. It's all up to him, he's going to get some incredible coaching and join a team on the up,  I'd be buzzing as a footballer with any kind of potential.

1 minute ago, Memphis said:

REMINDER - you cannot know what it means for our FFP situation without knowing the contract length.

6 year deal - 6.7m/yr

7 year deal - 5.7m/yr

8 year deal - 5m/yr

I really hope we don't become a club handing out 7+ year contracts

2 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Trust those in charge that they know what they’re doing. Would be lying if I wasn’t a bit concerned about the fee and that tying us up in regards to future spending mind. Hopefully a few weeks with Eddie will leave this looking like a masterstroke 

Thats exactly where I'm at.

Chelsea level spend, I'm fine with the punt, but if its going to cost us a Maddison down the road or a reasonable priced forward now not so much.

17 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

I hope he does well for us. He might do, who knows but I cant help but feel we've dropped a massive bollock. 

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/anthony-gordon.115788/page-925

This thread makes for some viewing like. They're delighted he's gone and think its sensational business for them. Guess we'll find out if he's as mediocre as they say. 

image.thumb.png.c9836044084f5bb3f0a541102942d4f3.png

This got me going way more than it should have :lol:

4 minutes ago, duo said:

His 1st day should be interesting...

Looking through an entirely different lens now, all that tells me is that he's going to fit right in.

I wouldn't be remotely surprised if "is a proper cunt" is toggled 'on' when Howe is filtering.  

Just look at that Caleta-Car business at Southampton, we're a team of thoroughly dislikable people. :lol:

Christ almighty, we are signing a player that was a nightmare to deal with for a large part of last season, when he was being well coached and only seemed to go down hill when fat frank took over, have people suddenly forgotten the last 15 years? 

4 minutes ago, Memphis said:

6 year deal - 6.7m/yr

7 year deal - 5.7m/yr

8 year deal - 5m/yr

Didn't UEFA recently changed the rules to max. 5 years because of Chelsea?

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

There is evidence that Gordon is our #1 priority.

Whether that is true or not, we don't know. But the evidence suggests Gordon is our main man for this January.. ahead of other business.

We could have a Isak or Bruno type breaking news

I just think we have players we like, across lots of different positions and across different levels of team importance i.e. first team, squad player, young prospect etc.

I think once a deal becomes feasible for any of them we make a move. That's how I see things working anyway.