Anthony Gordon

Jack27

5 minutes ago, dcmk said:

Wonder what Elliot Anderson thinks of this.  In hindsight should have gone out on loan this year.

I wonder if that's one consequence of this deal. Howe seemed pretty adamantly against it when it was suggested recently.

17 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Yeah man, lets the discount the view of those that watch him week in, week out. What do they know? 

Probably a better reference to view their thread on him last season. Almiron is either world class or shite depending on what page you view his thread on here :lol:

I’m a natural optimist obviously, but I’m quite interested to see how this turns out. Best possible environment for him to get up and running again. 

Fees are hard to judge always, I guess if he was playing well and Everton were flying he either wouldn’t be for sale, wouldn’t want to move or would

cost £20m more. 

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He’s going to get some welcome on Tuesday night if he is at the match, assuming he will be introduced to the crowd ?

Not for me, it's about getting to the final, that's it.

That said, i will still applaud him if it happens.

Edited by IzzyIsak

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Looking through an entirely different lens now, all that tells me is that he's going to fit right in.

:thup: I thought exactly the same thing.

I reckon Tripps is the type of character who'll have enjoyed Gordon showing no fear and giving him shit.

reminds me a bit of when Rooney said he knew Bellingham would be a player because he was leaving one in on him when he played against him at Derby.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’m a natural optimist obviously, but I’m quite interested to see how this turns out. Best possible environment for him to get up and running again. 

Fees are hard to judge always, I guess if he was playing well and Everton were flying he either wouldn’t be for sale, wouldn’t want to move or would

cost £20m more. 

Good points. I have alot of trust in how the recruitment team have done and how Eddie has coached up players previously thought of as shite personified so I'm pretty stoked to see what he can do under proper direction.

Like him or not, he's our massive shithouse now. I do like how he seemed to single handedly drag Everton to be competitive when I've seen him play. Eddie and the team want him then I'm happy to see what they get out of him. I think he is something more tenacious and effective than Longstaff or Murphy, how much more remains to be seen. 

51 minutes ago, Big River said:

can't wait to quote some of these posts when he's class for us

I'm looking forward to the culprits playing victim and whining about you pulling up old posts when you do :laugh:

50 minutes ago, mikejaxer said:

Hard to understand the crack about FFP and not wanting to budge until it hits our evaluation then we just go and pay 40m for Gordon.

Um ... it's really quite simple to understand.

The people at the club like the player and agreed on the valuation of £40 million.

It’ll no doubt have been mentioned somewhere in here between him being labelled ’rat-faced cunt’ and the videos of him being chased down the street with pitchforks, but if we do end up in the CL next year, I’m assuming adding another English player to the first team core could be significant?

Seem to remember us being light in that regard in previous discussions, albeit I can’t remember the details and required criteria.

9 minutes ago, BrianSwan said:

Anthony Gordon is another Joelinton. Pressing machine.

Going to be shite for our 10 man behind the ball/park the bus tactics we supposedly have isn't it?

Teams are going to be shitting it trying to play out from the back now with Almiron, Gordon, Joelinton all pressing. Will force long balls then you're going to have more often than not a lone striker trying to win things in the air against Schar and Botman plus a 6 foot 7er on our left if it's their right-back having to launch it. :lol:

Wouldn't be surprised if we do go for a creative 'DM' now because there's going to be a lot of balls won where someone sitting in front of the back four is going to get the chance to set up attacks again.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

29 minutes ago, duo said:

His ability - for £40mil you've got to have demonstrated some ability - even at youth level. But bar a purple part in one year it's nothing special.  

I do agree with you here. Totally trust EH and Ashworth on this.

At the end of the day, if he'd have had better stats by way of goals and assists, we'd be paying much more than 40 million 

Absolutely hate the idea of helping those scumbags out with regards to ffp since he's homegrown like. It is what it is. He'll fit in at Newcastle pretty easily I think, style-wise and we won't have as many worries with regards to depth in the front-wide positions. It's a lot but fees don't mean much these days.