Anthony Gordon

Jack27

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

It’ll no doubt have been mentioned somewhere in here between him being labelled ’rat-faced cunt’ and the videos of him being chased down the street with pitchforks, but if we do end up in the CL next year, I’m assuming adding another English player to the first team core could be significant?

Seem to remember us being light in that regard in previous discussions, albeit I can’t remember the details and required criteria.

Don't think it's an issue now, but might well be in the future ala Manchester City.

We've currently got 15 players in the first team squad that are homegrown (country), but only three are homegrown (club).

You need four homegrown (club) and a further four that are homegrown (country) to be able to name a full 25-man European squad. Otherwise, you need to name a smaller squad.

49 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Had our eyes out with this one. £25m upfront was the correct value. £40m is sickening. He's got one hell of a price tag to live up to.

:lol:

Man, the backtracking is going to be so bad with this guy man, that's actually going to be really sickening.

I was looking at his heat maps at Sofascore. I was surprised that he has mostly played as a right winger, but he does play as a left inverted winger as well. It seems Eddie has a thing for versatile players who can play multiple roles, just like what he said about Isak. 

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Makes a change for us to be taking young English talent off Merseyside, been decades of the other way around. 

Oh how times change.

What happened to that young CB they poached from our academy a couple years ago?

44 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Saying the same as everyone but Everton have got the better deal here. He’s got to improve a lot to justify that fee and it’s a big one for a club in FFP turmoil.

No one else was gonna pay that. 

Despite thinking he’s shite I’ll give him a fair shot from now on as I’m sure everyone else will. 

If he’s the only incoming it’s a missed opportunity for us to ensure European football though - it’d be very underwhelming when so many others are strengthening. 

FFP turmoil?! :lol:

What is going on here man :lol:

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Man, the backtracking is going to be so bad with this guy man, that's actually going to be really sickening.

Absolutely agree, he was a nightmare to deal with in the first half of last season when he was being properly coached 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I’m pretty sure every single one of us that thinks he’s shite and we’ve overpaid will be absolutely buzzing if he turns out to be great. 

Hopefully he’s given a fair crack of the whip

I wonder if he would be considered for the right side Longstaff high press role or just only as an out and out winger? 

I know that sounds silly, but he's raw enough for us all to be questioning the price tag and ability, so perhaps Eddie sees certain attributes that will suit the team in a position we haven't considered.

Otherwise I don't see a better player than Almiron and ASM, obviously long term the potential is there but he's not at the level yet and seems strange to spend £40m+ on Murphy upgrade essentially.

Time will tell.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Look, i'm actually for the transfer and think he'll suit Howe's style well. I just don't want us overpaying(which we are) and giving Everton a leg up for their survival. That's the sickening part.

4 minutes ago, STM said:

Makes a change for us to be taking young English talent off Merseyside, been decades of the other way around. 

Oh how times change.

I would agree with you but the talent I feel it still to be proved.