Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Just now, Dokko said:

Look, i'm actually for the transfer and think he'll suit Howe's style well. I just don't want us overpaying(which we are) and giving Everton a leg up for their survival. That's the sickening part.

Overpaying is a matter of opinion though.

It's also worth reminding people that we've just fleeced Forest for 15m. 

For a home grown 21 year old with a high ceiling I don’t think we can grumble too much at the price. We just got our money back on Woods (ffp wise) so that helps. Guessing it’ll be something like a 5 year contract for Gordon which will also help. We’d have walked away if we weren’t happy with the deal.

He has all the attributes to fit right into the way we play. He does need to a bit more professional and I’m sure we’ll work on that. 

Just now, GeordieDazzler said:

We can still amortise it across the contract for FFP accounting though I think 

That's correct. Doesn't matter for FFP purposes how we pay Everton, only the length of player contract matters.

1 minute ago, duo said:

I will say one thing - he is going to push Howe's abilities as a coach 

He has a lot of the same raw ingredients as Miggy (compares quite favourably on a number of metrics - esp defensive ones).

He’ll be playing in front of a defence that will actually allow him to go forward. That alone will make him look a lot better. 

the way people lose their mind over fees... you'd think it's coming from their own bank account. who gives a shite, really? :lol:

none of us have a clue when it comes to our FFP situation, so just chill ya beans and enjoy us spending a bit of money for once. it's long overdue.

54 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Had our eyes out with this one. £25m upfront was the correct value. £40m is sickening. He's got one hell of a price tag to live up to.

Maybe, just maybe we’ve bought a player that Eddie really wants…. 

whether it was £20m, £40m or £60m, if the club can afford it and can make the deal happen that’s fine with me.. I’m more concerned with improving the squad over the long term which is what he’s doing, than worrying about bank balances. Im pretty sure the club have a team of experts who are highly paid and more than qualified to do that job…