Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Happy we've signed a player, the fee is shockingly rank like. 

Wonder who on the team loses a spot? We're not spending 40m on a upgrade to Murphys role. Joelinton to LCM? Longstaff or Joe on the Bench?

Gordon to fight ASM and Miggy for a spot?

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

One of the most positive things for me regarding him coming in is that it will surely mean Joelinton moves back into midfield?

...though as a negative it must mean Maddison ain't happening.

1 minute ago, prefabtoon said:

will have cost him a few quid submitting transfer request.

Ironic when someone compared to Barton and Bowyer earlier given Barton refused to do that and we ended up paying £5.8m instead of £5.5m because he wouldn't waive his loyalty bonus at City.

7 minutes ago, sempuki said:

Ah Pamela and his Alice band. Saw him score at Anfield if I recall correctly. It was all downhill from there.

scored at OT, Anfield and Stamford Bridge.....makes him sound mint. Reality was that most 12 year olds could kick the ball harder  

1 minute ago, Big River said:

the way people lose their mind over fees... you'd think it's coming from their own bank account. who gives a shite, really? :lol:

none of us have a clue when it comes to our FFP situation, so just chill ya beans and enjoy us spending a bit of money for once. it's long overdue.

The fee really isn't that huge going by today's standards. Even abroad they are putting in release clauses of £100m for players who are still teenagers and barely made a name for themselves.

Ratboy is going to make us a nightmare to play against, he's got pace to burn, and he does look like he's got goals in him.

7 minutes ago, duo said:

I will say one thing - he is going to push Howe's abilities as a coach 

I think Howe should resign over the signing to be honest. Shouldn't have to be burdened with such a task.

Can’t get behind this move at all, apologies. We’re grossly overpaying, he’s not good enough for where we want to be and perhaps most importantly, he’s not the type of character I want to see represent us on and off the pitch. 

Edited by Unbelievable

Just now, Unbelievable said:

Can’t get behind this love at all, apologies. We’re grossly overpaying, he’s not good enough for where we want to be and perhaps most importantly, he’s not the type of character I want to see represent us on and off the pitch. 

What’s he like off the pitch ?

Hopefully as he will be on a longer contract than wood the "year on year" expense is about the same as having wood on the books. 

Clearly paying age and potential as there doesn't appear to be a polished part of his game except speed.