Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Just now, nufcjmc said:

Hopefully as he will be on a longer contract than wood the "year on year" expense is about the same as having wood on the books. 

Clearly paying age and potential as there doesn't appear to be a polished part of his game except speed.

Sometimes releasing the ball quickly is even more effective than trying to beat the third person with a stepover or three.

10 minutes ago, Big River said:

the way people lose their mind over fees... you'd think it's coming from their own bank account. who gives a shite, really? :lol:

none of us have a clue when it comes to our FFP situation, so just chill ya beans and enjoy us spending a bit of money for once. it's long overdue.

I imagine his lowish wages played a huge part in the deal and the amount when you see the numbers like 95% wages/turnover

4 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Can’t get behind this love at all, apologies. We’re grossly overpaying, he’s not good enough for where we want to be and perhaps most importantly, he’s not the type of character I want to see represent us on and off the pitch. 

'he's not good enough for where we want to be' ... what on earth does that even mean man, seriously. How good should a 21 year old prospect need to be for this imaginary place we 'want' to be?

Also, can you please let us know exactly what you know about that man's character that isn't based on a flash point in a competitive match?

This is truly Unbelievable man :lol:

Edited by KaKa

11 minutes ago, llcoolc157 said:

Maybe, just maybe we’ve bought a player that Eddie really wants…. 

whether it was £20m, £40m or £60m, if the club can afford it and can make the deal happen that’s fine with me.. I’m more concerned with improving the squad over the long term which is what he’s doing, than worrying about bank balances. Im pretty sure the club have a team of experts who are highly paid and more than qualified to do that job…

It's the club which keeps mentioninng FFP, not me. If you go off their chat then they can barely afford it and if so, can't afford to strengthen elsewhere. 

Yup. Highly paid experts never get things wrong, especially when judging something as impossible as potential.

1 minute ago, BrianSwan said:

He's a good player. His off the ball work is going under the radar. Would you pay £40M for Joelinton again? I think so.

Eddie wants a really hard working team. He fits the bill.

Comparing Gordon to Joe 

shocked-meme-idlememe-11-300x252.jpg

2 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Downed tools at the first sight of a better pay check by the looks of it

Nowt to do with being harassed and verbally abused in the street, or clearly seeing a better avenue for his career progression being away from his current absolute shitshow of a club? I can't see any indication whatsoever that this is purely down to salary. 

Just now, KaKa said:

Ah, man ... this is just sad, honestly. But carry on ...

It's not sad, just a really old fashioned take on things. One which probably belongs in amateur leagues, not in the cut and thrust of CL football.

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

We know you cant stand this signing. There must be a reason why one of the best (if not the best) manager in the league wants this signing.

Well...yes - obviously or they wouldn't have bought him :yao: And it's not so much a case of not standing Gordon, I've nothing personally against the lad. just from what I have seen I don't particularly rate him.  And I am not alone in that regard.  But let's see what Eddie can do.

Difficult to know who to trust here - the club hierarchy who have managed to avoid near certain relegation and engineer a Champions League tilt in just over 12 months, or the N-O brain trust who have shat their collective pants at the end of each of the previous transfer windows.

Not my first choice either. 

But seriously, all you negative bastards, have not the last year given you any trust in the people running the club and our manager.

I certainly have a great deal of trust, and if they see this is the best way to strengthen the squad in january i have no problem with that.

Ffs, enjoy people🤣

Edited by High Five o

Just now, christ said:

Difficult to know who to trust here - the club hierarchy who have managed to avoid near certain relegation and engineer a Champions League tilt in just over 12 months, or the N-O brain trust who have shat their collective pants at the end of each of the previous transfer windows.

:lol: even though I'm included in this.

This is a player both Ancelotti and Benitez thought highly of, and that Tuchel was willing to pay up to £60 million for a few months ago that is being shat on from a great height continuously :lol:

And deemed to not be good enough for a team that has featured Jacob Murphy regularly this season. This is really extraordinary stuff [emoji38]

17 minutes ago, Big River said:

the way people lose their mind over fees... you'd think it's coming from their own bank account. who gives a shite, really? :lol:

none of us have a clue when it comes to our FFP situation, so just chill ya beans and enjoy us spending a bit of money for once. it's long overdue.

I agree it's good we're spending money but the club will be running on a certain budget, limited by investment or FFP, and overspending has to have an impact on future spend.