Anthony Gordon

Jack27

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

It's reported that the City game and the Wilson injury was a game changer for the decision makers.

It's not like Sociedad reached out to us. Isak played that same weekend and scored iirc. We went back determined to get a deal, with a bigger budget and Sociedad came down a bit on price. They got a whole £60m, it's not like we got a cut-price bargain deal. In short, we did the pivot.

It was circumstance and desire rather than a "value for money" call.

They dropped their asking price from £80m to £53m+£10m add ons. Isak dropped his wage demands by half from £260kpw to £125kpw.

That was what made us move. Botman was £50m in winter and £32m in summer. That’s why we waited.

Same will apply to future transfers until we improve our finances relating to FFP. So any players linked that you’d fairly guess would already be on more than £125kpw or unwilling to accept that or thereabouts you can safely disregard for another 18 month at least. If we get top 4 this year that will fast forward scope a little bit.

Just now, IzzyIsak said:

Let's be honest.

We all would have rather signed Diaby than Gordon but we haven't, and we just have to get on with it now.

:milner:

Maddison - Maddison was the one.

He reminds me of Bellamy - he’s fast, annoying, energetic and can play as a withdrawn striker as well as out wide. What’s more he has left his previous club with the fans hating him. What’s not to like?

1 minute ago, Eveready said:

I agree it's good we're spending money but the club will be running on a certain budget, limited by investment or FFP, and overspending has to have an impact on future spend.

Overspending man :lol:

How could you possibly know if they are overspending, when you're not privy to their overall plans for the squad? :lol:

1 minute ago, Cronky said:

He reminds me of Bellamy - he’s fast, annoying, energetic and can play as a withdrawn striker as well as out wide. What’s more he has left his previous club with the fans hating him. What’s not to like?

If he plays well for us his Everton days will soon be forgotten. Almost everyone was underwhelmed when Bellamy signed 

12 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Downed tools at the first sight of a better pay check by the looks of it

Like 99% of all living football players then? Scapegoat at the most toxic club in the league. Then get the chance to play for a club at the top with the future brighter than few. 

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Overspending man :lol:

How could you possibly know if they are overspending, when you're not privy to their overall plans for the squad? :lol:

Wasn't even referring to this deal specifically, even though I do think it's on the pricey side I don't think it's massively overvalued.

My point is simply that I think the 'it's not my money I don't care how much we spend' is a little shortsighted.

4 minutes ago, Cronky said:

The Everton fans are actually rather pleased by it.  Happy to see him go.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/anthony-gordon.115788/page-928

Just now, duo said:

The Everton fans are actually rather pleased by it.  Happy to see him go.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/anthony-gordon.115788/page-928

And we didnt want to get rid of Joelinton and Almiron before Howe came in? We all know better what a toxic club can make a player look. Its not long ago the same lot said he was their Messiah.

2 minutes ago, Eveready said:

Wasn't even referring to this deal specifically, even though I do think it's on the pricey side I don't think it's massively overvalued.

My point is simply that I think the 'it's not my money I don't care how much we spend' is a little shortsighted.

I think it sort of goes without saying that the people saying this/thinking this understand that those at the club will have a very good handle on what we can afford to spend.

Hence, why worry?

Just now, nufc123 said:

And we didnt want to get rid of Joelinton and Almiron before Howe came in? We all know better what a toxic club can make a player look. Its not long ago the same lot said he was their Messiah.

Check This Out GIF