Anthony Gordon

Jack27

19 minutes ago, Big River said:

weird how he didn't do that last season when Chelsea were in for him

Indeed, but doesn’t diminish from the fact he’s skipped 3 days of training to force a move. I thought our powers that be prode themselves about their due diligence and no dickheads rule?

Just now, astraguy said:

Class signing, when I watched some Everton games under carlo/Rafa he looked insane but still raw. I have no doubt in my mind he'll be going to the euros with England once our coach's have molded him. Bookmark this

Agreed, he was very good under Rafa and it's obvious he's regressed under Lampard who's a terrible manager. I recall @Neil rating him previously on here too.

Just now, Unbelievable said:

Indeed, but doesn’t diminish from the fact he’s skipped 3 days of training to force a move. I thought our powers that be prode themselves about their due diligence and no dickheads rule?

2nd rule of shithousery in the transfer market :pow:

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

I think it sort of goes without saying that the people saying this/thinking this understand that those at the club will have a very good handle on what we can afford to spend.

Hence, why worry?

I'm not worried.  I'm sure if we'll adjust our targets accordingly if we've ended up spending more than we intended.

But I think fans having an opinion on the amount we spend on a player is valid.

11 minutes ago, astraguy said:

Class signing, when I watched some Everton games under carlo/Rafa he looked insane but still raw. I have no doubt in my mind he'll be going to the euros with England once our coach's have molded him. Bookmark this

O0 Carlo rated him and saw him as a potential ACM (quoted somewhere back in the thread) but I’m sure he knows fuck all about raw talent potential ! 

the quote:

He told the Times in June 2020: “First of all, he has a lot of technical skills. He can combine this with a good physical condition and resistance and so I think he has no problem to play as a midfielder. 

"I put him, when he started to train with us, on the left side. He did really well, but I also think he can play as a No 10. In the final third, he has a lot of ability. 

Edited by PauloGeordio

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

nobody knows what's gone on though. you don't know he's been a dickhead and Everton weren't the ones in the wrong. Howe, Ashworth and whoever else probably do know the full story.

maybe he was made certain promises after the Chelsea situation, with regards to a future transfer and they've fucked him about. this is Everton, remember :lol: they're the worst ran club in the league, by some distance.

3 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

... So guess Edwards was, to a significant extent, correct then? Hrm.

Hes not the worst at all. He writes well and has some decent info. He was an idiot under Bruce so i understand why people cant stand him.

12 minutes ago, Rich said:

Don't think it's an issue now, but might well be in the future ala Manchester City.

We've currently got 15 players in the first team squad that are homegrown (country), but only three are homegrown (club).

You need four homegrown (club) and a further four that are homegrown (country) to be able to name a full 25-man European squad. Otherwise, you need to name a smaller squad.

So in the not too distant future we’re likely to move on the likes of Darlow, Lascelles, Ritchie (dunno if he counts?), Shelvey, Lewis, Murphy, before you consider the likes of Trippier and Wilson who probably don’t have loads of seasons left. 

So, aye, you can see why, long-term at least, we need to be investing in young English players (and obviously why both Howe and Ashworth consistently reference “developing our own” players)

5 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

... So guess Edwards was, to a significant extent, correct then? Hrm.

If you keep with this line of sticking up for Edwards I'm afraid I'm going to have to ak that you be put in N O jail for a period lasting no longer than it takes for you to see the error of your ways