Anthony Gordon

Jack27

I'm fan of this transfer, I think he's just what we need on the left. Can totally understand folks reservations but I think he'll do well for us and he'll only get better seeing he's 21

Hope we manage to get another signing but I'm doubting it at this stage

Not convinced on him but trust in our recruitment team and Eddie. The lad clearly has a good engine and work rate hopefully Eddie can help him develop his all round game. At very least a better option than Murphy off the bench IMO 🤔

3 minutes ago, loki679 said:

Doesn't excite me at all, reckon we could do way better for the money we're paying.

Chelsea bidding for him means fuck all either, stick a football shirt on it and they'd bid £20m for my table leg.

I'd say that I am very whelmed about this. Much prefer someone like Maddison this window. But given their transfer record so far, I'm intrigued to see what they can do with Gordon.

The missed trainings dont define him and shouldnt be used in terms of what kind of human he is. 

In a transfer saga there are many factors that pull the strings left and right. Everything from the agents to even the buying club telling him or his agent to do certain things. The missed training sessions probably lowered the transfer fee for about 10-15million.

It aint a beautiful way to go but thats the reality.

Personally i think in todays market 45m for a young english talent is fully acceptable. 

The only thing that concerns me is if this is the end for Maxi at this club. If thats the case then we may have downgraded ourself.

From what i have seen of Gordon he looks promising. Hopefully Howe can revert him to play Willocks position. I like Willock alot but he needs some resting badly. 

Just now, KDT said:

Hopefully his first same stray pass or bad finish isn’t met with the same reception as ASM’s.

It won't. If he does it repeatedly or stands still and waves his arms about for a free kick he isn't getting while the opposition break on us or tries to take on a 3rd when there is another option, then aye it will.

Not bowled over but I think he'll be a good signing over time. Quite a lot of aspersions cast about ability considering he's 21. It's interesting looking at other players who are now/ have recently been producing output compared to what they'd done at 20/21 - Grealish, Barnes, Nketiah, Harrison etc. Not everyone is a Foden.

Edited by Gallowgate Toon

Look forward to seeing him play. 21 year olds are not legendary for their mature and considered decision making, and most of the videos show him having a deft touch and decent pace largely coming to nothing because he's in a dogshit Everton side. Hope he's fucking brilliant and I've never minded a twisty objectionable little fucker when they're our twisty objectionable little fucker

Just now, Gallowgate Toon said:

Don't think he'll start much for a while as I think it's going to take some time to build his fitness up.

And he has to buy into the training / system. It gives ASM a chance to solidify his spot in the starting XI.