Anthony Gordon

Jack27

3 hours ago, Rich said:

It's like when we saved Burnley from relegation all over again.

Well, one of the strikers are at Man Utd now after having scored 2 goals in the WC quarter final. The other just got binned to Nottingham Forest. Easy to say in hindsight, but completely valid concern at the time imo. :lol:

My expectations of this transfer is pretty poor, so at least one positive is that I can only be surprised positively if he ends up doing well for us.

I prefer the selling team fans to be gutted when they lose a player. Vast majority are over the moon.

Bye bye rat boy. Will be stinking up the mags reserves in a couple of years

He will probably land up at Sunderland before long 😂 seriously I don’t care if it’s Real Madrid or Rochdale he was just stinking the place out with lack of effort and bad attitude glad he’s gone. He's hardly a big miss he’s offered next to nothing for months now.

He's the one player I didn't mind leaving. From the moment he rocked up with his Clare Balding haircut he's believed too much in his own hype.

He could always go back to Preston where he was on loan if his Newcastle move doesn’t work out, oh wait they didn’t hardly play him

It's a good deal for both Everton and Gordon.
Said the same when he was linked with Chelsea, as others have alluded to, he weren't going to do anything here as the conditions aren't right.

He's also not worth that much money at all, so it's good for us.

His professionalism has been really poor to see, but I genuinely don't get the hate. Like he hasn't hurt us like Rooney, because he was never good enough to..

Got to say I can’t believe we pulled that off. That being said we will waste on trash anyway

Great business. A player that hasn’t been arsed, barely contributes, and has no discipline.

The £40m up front brings us one step closer to fixing our books.

So according to reports, the deal is like this for us:

£40m up front (£5m add-ons)
forced him to submit a transfer request
sell-on clause

If true, that is a mind-bogglingly good job by Thelwell & co. Had to check my calendar to make sure I hadn't accidentally gone Rip Van Winkle until April 1st.

A stellar highlight reel of scuffed shots and deflections ending up as goals.

Everton that

He is decent as often as I get a leg over.

I lost both legs in the Falklands

Deal of the century.

We've had them off and it's wonderful

Mr Howe helping out the toffees.....still an EFC fan then

Nice one Eddie 

And that's just three recent random pages from their forum out of many. 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

One of them will  much more often than the other over time (most likely) if both are fit. 

Liverpool have been amazing for 5 years. You could name their ideal team 10 out of 11 players. Maybe 9.  Ditto Real Madrid. Ditto even Tuchel’s Chelsea. 

Injuries and European football is the biggest factor for rotation

With Liverpool couldnit as much be that they can't afford to get the squad they want? And Tuchels Chelsea as he seems to like it that way

Your final sentence is on the money and hopefully that's where we are headed.

It doesn't have to be for every position but a midfield/attacker or two can play both sides and press is an ideal alternative starter in our system. I'd also have 3 first choice Centre halves to pick from for each match and 2 through the middle forwards.

Yep, you just need look at the difference between Joelinton and Almiron now to how they were under Bruce / Ashley - a club with no direction, no real future, apathy / discontent in the crowd, poor coaching staff, poor players around them. Pretty much all that has changed here in the past 12 months, while it has been rife at Everton these past 6 months, so it's bound to have had an impact on his progression and development.

I'm confident this will be a good deal for us.

7 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Well, one of the strikers are at Man Utd now after having scored 2 goals in the WC quarter final. The other just got binned to Nottingham Forest. Easy to say in hindsight, but completely valid concern at the time imo. :lol:

My expectations of this transfer is pretty poor, so at least one positive is that I can only be surprised positively if he ends up doing well for us.

I prefer the selling team fans to be gutted when they lose a player. Vast majority are over the moon.

Get yourself into the Joelinton and Almiron threads during peak Bruce era.

Just now, Nine said:

They really are the scouse mackems.. player leaves and he’s unanimously shit :lol:

every football fan is like that, though the manner of Gordon leaving would leave a bad taste in any fans mouth let alone for an academy product to do that while they're so much in the shit 

Who cares what they think in redcafe or everton forum or anywhere, why would they say complimentary things about us or any other team?

It seems that our manager and club see Gordon as a huge talent and i cant wait to see what he can do in our setup.

If Howe's dreams are made of this, who am i to disagree..?

Edited by soyt

7 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

He's played for a finished Rafa and a piss poor Frank Lampard. He'll thrive at the Toon with the right coaching. He'll be a massive success here.

So fucking disrespectful. ‘A finished Rafa’ man. The same Rafa who had our shit squad finishing the season brilliantly 2 1/2 years previous. What sort a fan comes out with that utter garbage?

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Get yourself into the Joelinton and Almiron threads during peak Bruce era.

I wouldn't be ecstatic if we signed Joelinton now if he played for Everton & hadn't had a Norwich performance yet either. So it can only go one way from here, and that is up :thup:

14 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Be interesting to see some quotes from that thread from 6/8 months ago

Just now, Ronaldo said:

So fucking disrespectful. ‘A finished Rafa’ man. The same Rafa who had our shit squad finishing the season brilliantly 2 1/2 years previous. What sort a fan comes out with that utter garbage?

Yes, some people are quick to forget we wouldn’t have had this takeover without Rafa, and we’d more than likely be scraping round with the mackems and boro for a playoff spot to come back up.

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

It has nothing to do with what he did for us.

He failed in China and at Everton. He's most likely finished at the top level.

4 minutes ago, SteV said:

Be interesting to see some quotes from that thread from 6/8 months ago

No idea why they haven’t tried to get St Maximin out of Newcastle instead.

Newcastle don’t need to sell so they’d probably want £100m for him

Have accepted we've messed up our chance to get mega millions for an average player and give ourselves a fighting chance of avoiding relegation. Championship next season.

Parallels to Zaha here - Palace should have sold him when the top offers came in

Conor Gallagher is a better player than Gordon at this moment in time, though. We cannot afford to be sentimental in our current plight and while Gordon may well end up the better player of the two, any prospective deal that includes Broja and cash must be accepted IMO.

Chuckling at the general opinion in this thread changing drastically based on one goal against forest.

gazzaa2 said:

Good thing is his value will be higher then.
I said before no way should we sell him yet and the bidding starts at 75 mill in Jan and United or City might join the race.

Dear lord you’d think we had an absolute superstar on our hands reading delusional posts like this.

Only one bid of £40m has actually been made and yet somehow all the best clubs will be offering double that in January for a guy seemingly no one considers to be worth that much other than the chap who paid £60m for cucarella

Honorable mention :lol:

Frank Lampard has warned that Chelsea target Anthony Gordon would “see a different side to me” if the winger refused to play for Everton.

Edited by Conjo

Rafa's hardly finished at the top level though, Ancelotti could only get Everton to 10th, there are clearly bigger factors at play and the right environment is obviously a big factor. Look at Moyes and how he keeps going from success to failure to success, every day's a school day for managers that don't rest on their laurels.

The knowledge that Rafa has doesn't become worthless overnight and he's obsessed with football.

Edited by Kid Icarus