Anthony Gordon

Jack27

8 hours ago, Willow said:

People need to give up worrying about how much we spend, we're fucking loaded and it's not even your money!

Just enjoy the rebuild, let the accountants worry about FFP and soak it all in

Bit pissed writing this but......aye, gan radge Amanda!

I needed to hear this, why I am pretending to be in fucking accounts payable over here, let's win some fucking games!

Worth remembering that one of the first moves post takeover was a new general counsel, I'm sure to stay abreast of all the FFP loopholes available.

29 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

In fairness Howe and the club are the ones who constantly mention the restrains of FFP so it’s hardly surprising fans do it as well when we spend big money.

That and ultimately higher transfer fees and wages will always translate to higher ticket prices, shirt prices, TV subscription prices etc etc. Reckless inflation is bad for all fans so let’s not be ignorant to the fact.

A few times a year I tediously post that we've needed someone who can play across the front 3 since Remy and that it will solve so many issues in our squad. I didn't have Anthony fucking Gordon in mind tbh but I'll take it :lol:

He appears to have solid fundamentals for his position so if his attitude is right then hopefully he will develop well. Howe and his team have transformed the careers of players in their mid to late 20s, so just think what they can do with a 21 year old if all goes well. 

There it is, that's my "well he's practically signed now so let's be optimistic" post :)

2 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

A few times a year I tediously post that we've needed someone who can play across the front 3 since Remy and that it will solve so many issues in our squad. I didn't have Anthony fucking Gordon in mind tbh but I'll take it :lol:

He appears to have solid fundamentals for his position so if his attitude is right then hopefully he will develop well. Howe and his team have transformed the careers of players in their mid to late 20s, so just think what they can do with a 21 year old if all goes well. 

There it is, that's my "well he's practically signed now so let's be optimistic" post :)

He’ll prove a great signing, mate. Trust the process. 

21 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Rafa said he takes constructive criticism onboard and looks to develop and put the work in to produce the end result required by the coach (words to that effect)!

Pre-Howe Almiron and Gordon seem similar off the ball. I think with a bit of focus and playing further up the pitch, we can hopefully see a marked improvement. Especially playing in a system where he doesn't have to press the entire opposition back line single handedly. 

16 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

His post-signing interview is going to painful to watch isn’t it? [emoji38]

Can never understand the Scouse accent. Tried to watch a Paddy the Baddy interview recently but quickly gave up. Could only figure out he ended every sentence with "lad".