Anthony Gordon

Jack27

8 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Absolutely convinced this is not happening. Our recruitment surely has

more sense than this?

I'm with you , why would you sell him to another club when a new manager is coming in , I think this is just a smokescreen for another, got no idea who though.

16 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

more sense than this?

I think it happens at £25m+ £10m add-ons. I agree they aren’t daft though so talk of £40-60m up front is just fantasy.

I’ve maintained it’s a smokescreen but at the cheaper price we could actually make a move. As I do believe he is rated at a certain price bracket due to his age etc.

20 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

more sense than this?

I’m running with the idea that we’ve enquired for a reasonable fee and Everton have leaked it with the £60m desperate for Chelsea to swoop in. 

1 minute ago, timeEd32 said:

Ben Arfa not only refused to train, but flew himself to Newcastle to try to force a deal through and he was an instant legend on here. 

Murphy waves goodbye to a player sent off and it's met with giggles and legend salutes, but we're holding a grudge against this kid for getting in Trippier's face.

He's been playing in a team as dysfunctional as NUFC was 18+ months ago, but let's ignore that context and post some negative stats like there's no evidence of players improving in our current setup.

His face wasn't sculpted out of stone like Fabian Schar, so he must be crap. 

I've said myself it feels a little underwhelming, but some of the reasons being given to not want him here are pretty ridiculous. It's always possible a transfer doesn't work out, but we may also be buying a 21 year old Englishman at a discount. You don't have to use your imagination that much to envision a scenario where this works out incredibly well.

Fans before the signing...

You.jpg.5d87b92651bb8bff8e416cc38fd20956.jpg

Fans a few months after the signing...

But.gif.470907b7791d3cb406f229248260ec78.gif

Still not budged on this one, still don't want him here. The better parts of his game we already have, the things we need him to do are the poorest parts of his game. He'd also cost a hell of a lot of money and I think we could get better elsewhere. The only thing in his favour is that he's young and English so any fee could probably recouped in the future. The fact his own fans can't wait to see the back of him is also a bit of a red flag, much prefer if we look elsewhere at a different type of player who would give us what we're currently lacking. 

5 minutes ago, midds said:

Still not budged on this one, still don't want him here. The better parts of his game we already have, the things we need him to do are the poorest parts of his game. He'd also cost a hell of a lot of money and I think we could get better elsewhere. The only thing in his favour is that he's young and English so any fee could probably recouped in the future. The fact his own fans can't wait to see the back of him is also a bit of a red flag, much prefer if we look elsewhere at a different type of player who would give us what we're currently lacking. 

Thank God our scouts do more than peruse fan forums to evaluate players.

According to this forum Joelinton and Almiron were not good enough. Good thing the manager saw and thought better of that.

It's okay to just say you don't like the player or you don't want him. Just finish it there. I'm just not buying all of the additional biased evaluations of his game, and the claims we already have whatever he could offer man. It's just empty chat tainted by your dislike of the guy.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

According to this forum Joelinton and Almiron were not good enough. Good thing the manager saw and thought better of that.

It's okay to just say you don't like the player or you don't want him. Just finish it there. I'm just not buying all of the additional biased evaluations of his game, and the claims we already have whatever he could offer man. It's just empty chat tainted by your dislike of the guy.

Nah, I'll not 'finish it there' :lol:

I've justified my comment because when I've seen him he's offering nothing in his game that we need right now. That's why I don't want him. He's a £40m nuisance player who lacks quality in the final 25 yards of the pitch and that's based on what I've seen of him. We disagree, no bother. 

11 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He's fully entitled to express why he doesn't want him. It's a forum. None of us here know anything, we're just fans who spout shit and express how we feel. We get it wrong (Almiron & Joelinton) and will keep getting it wrong. It is what it is, a load of know-nowts just waffling shit on the internet. 

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

He's fully entitled to express why he doesn't want him. It's a forum. None of us here know anything, we're just fans who spout shit and express how we feel. We get it wrong (Almiron & Joelinton) and will keep getting it wrong. It is what it is, a load of know-nowts just waffling shit on the internet. 

I get what you're saying, but it gets a little old when people argue that someone has a right to have their opinion. We all know this. I certainly wasn't bothered by anything midds said, but Kaka also has a right to express his frustration.

No one is being silenced here.

8 minutes ago, midds said:

Nah, I'll not 'finish it there' :lol:

I've justified my comment because when I've seen him he's offering nothing in his game that we need right now. That's why I don't want him. He's a £40m nuisance player who lacks quality in the final 25 yards of the pitch and that's based on what I've seen of him. We disagree, no bother. 

If lacking quality in the final third is his problem, then it's a problem shared with the vast majority of our squad, who have years on him.

This may fall through yet, who knows - But I think it would be a shame.

He's not the end product by any stretch, there's a lot of potential - But if anyone is capable of making good on it, it's EH.

7 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

I get what you're saying, but it gets a little old when people argue that someone has a right to have their opinion. We all know this. I certainly wasn't bothered by anything midds said, but Kaka also has a right to express his frustration.

No one is being silenced here.

I don't know why every time I challenge or disagree with a certain train of thought or line of thinking it's insinuated I don't want them to say anything! It's so confusing man :lol:

We're all just going back and forth with different ideas and chopping it up. It's all part of the fun for me anyway! 

Edited by KaKa

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I don't know why every time I challenge or disagree with a certain train of thought or line of thinking it's insinuated I don't want them to say anything! It's so confusing man :lol:

We're all just going back and forth with different ideas and chopping it up. It's all part of the fun for me anyway! 

You told him to just "finish it there"?

9 minutes ago, Hank Marvin said:

If lacking quality in the final third is his problem, then it's a problem shared with the vast majority of our squad, who have years on him.

This may fall through yet, who knows - But I think it would be a shame.

He's not the end product by any stretch, there's a lot of potential - But if anyone is capable of making good on it, it's EH.

That's my exact point tbh :thup:

32 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Our manager hardly had a choice other than to play them tbf.

Edited by toon25

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

You told him to just "finish it there"?

I was basically saying that I thought a lot of evaluations of him weren't being fair because people just didn't like the player and so there was no point in feeling the need to do that. Obviously they can keep doing it if they want man, I'm hardly demanding they stop commenting. Crikey! :lol:

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

Our manager hardly had a choice to play them tbf.

I don't know man. He's been pretty staunch in his support of the pair of them and they've both been mainstays in the team since he came in.

It’s happening just a matter of how much we pay now.

‘Newcastle United are hoping for a transfer breakthrough in their pursuit of Anthony Gordon after the player made it clear he wants the move to St James' Park.

Everton played down his absence but there was no such defence of the player tonight as he stayed away from the club's Finch Farm training ground. With more high-level talks planned at Goodison Park, the deal is set to boil down to what the Toffees now see as an acceptable asking price.

And the key new development on Merseyside this evening is that Everton are pretty much resigned to the fact he will leave in the next few days.

Well-placed sources have indicated they now feel Gordon and his representatives are attempting to force the issues. And any hopes of the player landing a new deal - which was discussed last season - have now effectively evaporated’.

From what I've seen of him at Everton, he's always cut an isolated figure in attack, trying to create goals from very little; similar to ASM under Bruce but obviously with a lot less individual guile. 

Judge him on antics and personality all day long, but I think it may be harsh judging him on performances and stats in such a poor and incoherent attacking team. 

3 hours ago, KaKa said:

You know I've noticed there were certain people that claimed it would be a disaster if we didn't get a right winger in the summer and that we'd not manage a European place if we didn't. And it's the same set that have now convinced themselves without Maddison we won't finish top 4.

Always convincing themselves of some imaginary scenario that they are so certain of somehow. Can't wait for the rest of the season to play out man.

As someone that largely matches this caricature, I’ll add a couple of comments. 

* Miggy’s form this season has been incredible. I don’t think that anyone could have anticipated it. We wouldn’t be in the top four (IMO) without his goals. Still, I think we would be better off if we had somehow managed to sign Diaby. Don’t you?

* I think that we could finish in the top four without Maddison. We’d much more likely to do that if we had him. Hell, we’d have a shot at the title with Maddison. He’s that good.

It’s not that we can’t or won’t be successful without those imaginary signings, it’s that positive outcomes appear more likely.