Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Just now, madras said:

Think of our squads fitness before Eddie.

I get that, be we supposedly want a player ready made to come in now and make an impact, not sure Gordon is that (again only based of what Everton fans are saying).

8 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Surely people have sussed now that their opinions on a player are completely irrelevant in comparison to the club’s, who we know are now using insanely expensive stats tools and are populated by people with a track record of making great buys.

I think Gordon looks overrated, ‘kick and run merchant’ as I seen him described is bang on from what I’ve seen. However, if Howe is interested in him then I 100% want him. 

Its as simple as this for me, I don't believe Howe, Nickson and Ashworth (and anyone else involved in the process) would get it so wrong given we know the level of detail that goes into their decision making. They'll have a hell of a lot more information/insight than we do. 

11 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Surely people have sussed now that their opinions on a player are completely irrelevant in comparison to the club’s, who we know are now using insanely expensive stats tools and are populated by people with a track record of making great buys.

I think Gordon looks overrated, ‘kick and run merchant’ as I seen him described is bang on from what I’ve seen. However, if Howe is interested in him then I 100% want him. 

Nah mate. 

I can just about get my head around the moral questions surrounding our Saudi ownership but seeing Gordon in a black and white shirt is a bridge too far for me. [emoji38]

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I get that, be we supposedly want a player ready made to come in now and make an impact, not sure Gordon is that (again only based of what Everton fans are saying).

And I get that but we wouldn't be going or looking at things that way. Yes we primarily need a forward but that shouldn't mean we only look for one and put everything else on hold until we get one.

One of the first clips on GSS on Saturday was of him clattering into the back of somebody to give away the free kick for Southampton's winner.

Giving away pointless free kicks (© J Colback) is one of the most damaging things you can do, and shows a lack of intelligence.

Does he do that a lot? I've gained the impression he does, but don't pay enough attention to other clubs to know for sure.

25 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Our ‘leaked’ interest in Gordon might be a way of motivating Leicester to sell us Maddison before the window closes and they lose him for nowt in the summer.

Maybe Leicester have set an unrealistic price. If they see us trying for Gordon for £10-15M less they might cave.

Contracted for another year anyway. It's Tielemans whose contract is done in the summer.

28 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Does that count for managers then ? We were ridiculed for our opinions on Bruce and we all knew despite that we were right. I’m not saying fan opinion is the key thing and we should take it as gospel, but fans who watch him week in week out certainly have an informed opinion.

He just wants you to blindly agree with every decision the club makes because they know better than you and the Everton fans.

The fact the fans are questioning his attitude and fitness is telling for me. At best, i'm giving him Milner comparisons (who was a much better CM than wide player) and he at least had those 2 things by the bucket load.

The most logical thought process involves both

a) there's reason for considerable doubt on the quality of this player, based on the eye test, statistics and reports from Everton fans

b) Our recruitment team have a lot of credit in the bank and will have reasons for pursuing Gordon

We can hold both thoughts at the same time and wait to see how the whole thing plays out. Can't imagine there are many sceptics of Gordon who will be hoping to be proven correct if he signs, but there's no need to discard your own judgement of a player ever. 

We’re way ahead of schedule so i’d feel ungrateful if I was to get pissed at this but for a club that’s trying to stay on the right side of FFP to tie up a considerable amount of cash on this junkie raccoon looking cunt is questionable. 

3 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

The most logical thought process involves both

a) there's reason for considerable doubt on the quality of this player, based on the eye test, statistics and reports from Everton fans

b) Our recruitment team have a lot of credit in the bank and will have reasons for pursuing Gordon

We can hold both thoughts at the same time and wait to see how the whole thing plays out. Can't imagine there are many sceptics of Gordon who will be hoping to be proven correct if he signs, but there's no need to discard your own judgement of a player ever. 

I unmuted that other persons post to see him say something to the effect of "have we not learned to totally ignore other fans view of their own players? Our transfer guys know better than them."

That's not a balanced thought process.

4 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Chelsea, it is said, would be willing to loan Anthony Gordon back to the Toffees

Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.

Journalism.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

They want 60 million 😂 

60 million for a player that has shown he can run and scored some fluke goals over 60 games. Truly taking the piss there, like. Naw, everytime I've seen this cunt he has been giving away stupid freekicks acting like a hardman, then diving like Suarez prime the next. Anything over 15 million would be too much for him at this point, would probably end up hanging with Ranger and his crew considering his personality.

1 minute ago, worthy said:

60 million for a player that has shown he can run and scored some fluke goals over 60 games. Truly taking the piss there, like. Naw, everytime I've seen this cunt he has been giving away stupid freekicks acting like a hardman, then diving like Suarez prime the next. Anything over 15 million would be too much for him at this point, would probably end up hanging with Ranger and his crew considering his personality.

What about his “personality” suggests this?

I wouldn't like to argue about it, because I certainly don't want to die on Anthony Gordon's hill however....

Wasn't he their player of the year last year?

From what I've seen, he's a very good young player, who along with Richarlison, has kept Everton in the PL these last two seasons. Every time we have played them or indeed I've seen him play (apart from this season admittedly), he was always one of their best players.

He's an absolute little nuisance, grafts, has two feet, can go past someone. Yes, before you get the stats out to prove me wrong, also remember what Almirons stats looked like recently and Gordon has the advantage of being only 22. He's just a bairn man.

I agree with those saying that he might not have much of an effect this season because quite frankly he's been part of (and partially responsible) for a farce of a football club. He won't be tactically up to date with what Howe will want, he probably won't be fit enough to satisfy Howes standards and his confidence will have taken a knock but from a long term, strategic viewpoint, I think he'd be a solid signing and player who we could see flourish.

If we sign him this January, he will be in the England squad within 18 months. Although, admittedly that's not much of a compliment these days. [emoji38]

The only other thing I'd say... if we sign him, don't fucking boo him. Proper mugs game that.

Just now, SteV said:

What about his “personality” suggests this?

Well the way he has disrespected people in Everton even before Frank Lampard was there and seemingly he acted the same way when he was at PN. Thinking he is the hottest hardest mackem scouser there is. Nah, he seems like an utter twat.

Just now, STM said:

I wouldn't like to argue about it, because I certainly don't want to die on Anthony Gordon's hill however....

Young Player of the Year I think. Think Pickford got the main one. Although that was from the Supporters Club or something. May have been different variants.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

From what I've seen, he's a very good young player, who along with Richarlison, has kept Everton in the PL these last two seasons. Every time we have played them or indeed I've seen him play (apart from this season admittedly), he was always one of their best players.

He's an absolute little nuisance, grafts, has two feet, can go past someone. Yes, before you get the stats out to prove me wrong, also remember what Almirons stats looked like recently and Gordon has the advantage of being only 22. He's just a bairn man.

I agree with those saying that he might not have much of an effect this season because quite frankly he's been part of (and partially responsible) for a farce of a football club. He won't be tactically up to date with what Howe will want, he probably won't be fit enough to satisfy Howes standards and his confidence will have taken a knock but from a long term, strategic viewpoint, I think he'd be a solid signing and player who we could see flourish.

If we sign him this January, he will be in the England squad within 18 months. Although, admittedly that's not much of a compliment these days. [emoji38]

The only other thing I'd say... if we sign him, don't fucking boo him. Proper mugs game that.

great post