Anthony Gordon

Jack27

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Think they're desperate for Todd Boehly to come steaming in for him at that price. Can't fault them really :lol:

They’ve missed the boat with Todd Baldy which has proved a catastrophic misjudgment from them. 

Just now, Disco said:

They’ve missed the boat with Todd Baldy which has proved a catastrophic misjudgment from them. 

Dunno, with Big boss Hogg Boehly you never know when he might return with an even bigger offer. 

Jokes aside, I know we hate it but his stupid long contracts are such a clever FFP workaround. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

Dunno, with Big boss Hogg Boehly you never know when he might return with an even bigger offer. 

Jokes aside, I know we hate it but his stupid long contracts are such a clever FFP workaround. 

They are and they aren't. The reason other clubs don't use them is that if and when they don't work they tie up a lot of money further down the line. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

Saw someone post a tweet on here (can't remember which thread) that was saying UEFA was gonna put a limit of 5 years for FFP. 

So guessing that would many anything longer than 5 years wouldn't count towards amortisation. 

1 minute ago, madras said:

They are and they aren't. The reason other clubs don't use them is that if and when they don't work they tie up a lot of money further down the line. 

But his company is massively rich so the like us city psg the prohibitive factor isn’t the actual money it’s the rules. He’s just posted all over them. 

2 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Saw someone post a tweet on here (can't remember which thread) that was saying UEFA was gonna put a limit of 5 years for FFP. 

So guessing that would many anything longer than 5 years wouldn't count towards amortisation. 

Indeed but I doubt this will apply retrospective so he’s gotten away with that? 400mil. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

But his company is massively rich so the like us city psg the prohibitive factor isn’t the actual money it’s the rules. He’s just posted all over them. 

Yeah but it's not getting round the rules, it just kicks it down the line for later.

Edited by madras

Just now, madras said:

Yeah but it's not getting round the rules, it just kicks it down the line for later.

It’s watering the rule down IF the cash isn’t an actual issue. Also allows you to demand higher fees if you ever want to sell due to long contract lengths. 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Yeah potentially, I just think it's maybe a little cart before the horse in terms of who can make the difference now. Obviously nothing can be ideal all the time though so it's fair enough if that's the situation. 

For sure. I think we're going to have to get used to the fact that we are going to be really strict when it comes to transfers.

We will only move on players we really like and have a lot of information on, and we are going to be very strict on our valuations and will not be pushing the boat out, even with the position we're in to possibly finish top 4.

That's the impression I get. Think it's going to be a very tight ship as far as player acquisitions go. And so I think the priority with signings we make will be more based on availability at the valuation that matches ours.

5 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Indeed but I doubt this will apply retrospective so he’s gotten away with that? 400mil. 

It was said that the new rule will take effect from the summer transfer window 2023 so they'll get away with it this month.

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

It’s watering the rule down IF the cash isn’t an actual issue. Also allows you to demand higher fees if you ever want to sell due to long contract lengths. 

It's a risk, if you can't sell, those contracts are still hanging round while you are still paying  the next 5/6/7 years of contracts. It means while an 80mill player counts for 10mill a year on an 8mill contract (not including wages in example) in 6 years that's a 10mill which wouldn't be there on a 5yr contract.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

When you look back, though, it’s largely the same crowd that thought Howe was a poor appointment, Pope wasn’t any better than Dubs/a “waste” of our transfer budget when RW was much more urgent, Burn was massively underwhelming, that we shouldn’t be signing Villa’s “backup left back” (I definitely underrated Targett myself, mind), and that our summer business was “very disappointing”.

Some of them have been wrong to be negative on almost every single signing that wasn’t Bruno or Botman, Wood perhaps excluded (even though that’s up for debate), but it’s a win-win position to take.

We’ve got one in our office that is just unhappy about everything. I keep reminding him that we’re breaking records almost every week and now on the verge of Wembley, but he’s still fuming about Gordon and us not signing Perrone, Santos, Fresneda, etc.

It's numpties like this that we, as a collective fanbase, are going to need to keep in their box. Because these fuckwits are the ones who will call radio shows etc and give us a bad name. It's going to be a real challenge going forward to stop the fuckwit element of our support sullying the club's good name.

Everton are cheeky fuckers. I like him but, considering their financial situation and Gordon’s recent form, they’re lucky anyone is willing to pay above 30m for the lad.

At this point, I hope we walk away from the deal and look elsewhere. They’d be left with a player who doesn’t want to be there and no money to improve their situation. We’ll pick him up at our terms after they’re relegated, ta.