Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Just now, McCormick said:

Everton are cheeky fuckers. I like him but, considering their financial situation and Gordon’s recent form, they’re lucky anyone is willing to pay above 30m for the lad.

At this point, I hope we walk away from the deal and look elsewhere. They’d be left with a player who doesn’t want to be there and no money to improve their situation. We’ll pick him up at our terms after they’re relegated, ta.

Have to agree with this, if they're going to continue playing hard ball like.

Could get him half price in June.

3 hours ago, reefatoon said:

Just don’t get this. Keep seeing it too. The way we play, we don’t even play with a direct “8” we have three midfielders and only 1 (Bruno) plays directly in the middle when we have the ball. Longstaff moves out right and Willock moves out left. Then when we don’t have the ball they push back in. To move Bruno would then mean playing him more on the right in Longstaffs position. I much prefer Bruno to be the central pivot in that midfield three. Bringing in a DM when we need goals, I just don’t understand your urgency. Leave Bruno in the middle of the three where he has so much more control and time on the ball.

The urgency is essentially if Longstaff or Bruno get injured we just don't have the cover in the area. Equally i think we can do all out pressure everywhere we can't do slow the game down pass slowly at times. It's mainly as cover or to replace Longstaff and allow Bruno move further forward. The reason it's urgent is how panicked we all were at Bruno getting injured we are light in the middle, a good passer with some creativity some grit is needed imo. 

14 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

So much guesswork going on. Not having a dig at the journos, it just shows how little we give them these days. 

I’d assume all the news yesterday about Gordon came from the Everton end as well tbh.

It's fascinating to watch the other journalists feel compelled to follow whenever someone tweets out an "update" on the story...someone tweets out that the move is close, three others jump in and "confirm" they're hearing the same thing. Then something changes, and those same journalists "confirm" that, too. 

Edwards, Douglas, Jacobs all tweeting the same thing. So that means they're talking to the same source. Or one is and the others are just trying to keep up. That source is probably not us. 

All of that is to say no one knows anything about what we're doing. They have to update something for their jobs, and people salivate over all of it, but at least from our club end, there is no concrete info getting out.

At this point I have no clue whether or not we'll sign Gordon. I'm not the only one, it seems.

8 minutes ago, Memphis said:

It's fascinating to watch the other journalists feel compelled to follow whenever someone tweets out an "update" on the story...someone tweets out that the move is close, three others jump in and "confirm" they're hearing the same thing. Then something changes, and those same journalists "confirm" that, too. 

Edwards, Douglas, Jacobs all tweeting the same thing. So that means they're talking to the same source. Or one is and the others are just trying to keep up. That source is probably not us. 

All of that is to say no one knows anything about what we're doing. They have to update something for their jobs, and people salivate over all of it, but at least from our club end, there is no concrete info getting out.

At this point I have no clue whether or not we'll sign Gordon. I'm not the only one, it seems.

It’s a bit like regurgitated food

image.thumb.jpeg.00d1c54496f472585062fa98dd8efdf9.jpeg

nothing new then! 

60m is a huge fee for him, somewhere around 40m would seem about right. I wonder about the number of instalments/years we have offered on this deal to try and lessen the dent in our FFP, perhaps that is a sticking point with Everton.

As a player I see him as a ready made perfect winger to play in this system, physically he’s not only quick but from what I’ve seen has a great engine.. he will work up and down that side defensively as much being very active in the press. Going forward he’s very direct, I can imagine scenarios of him breaking forward with the ball quickly and coming inside centrally to play in Isak, Wilson or whoever. Him being labelled a speed merchant is wide of the mark because he seems technically good, we can’t really judge him fairly from his time in a shit Everton side either way. 

I get he’s hated for being a ugly scouse shithouse, I dislike his personality on the pitch to.. but I won’t if he’s our ugly scouse shithouse. 

Edited by Nine

The press/media are an absolute disgrace, they print shite !

The media steadfastly maintain their right to freedom of the press, if the news item has a factual basis or a quote from an informed person or persons, that gives the media outlet the legal right to print the story.

However.......in my simplistic uneducated opinion, freedom of the press does not expand to tittle tattle amongst the gutter press, with no regard to common decency or a obligation to protect the innocent, who may or may not be casualties of the press concoction brewed amongs the self-serving political lackeys.

Newcastle United are systematically being undermined by the gutter press, who are under the influence of the established. so called big six.

The Premere League are worth Billions, there established minnions are employed to white ant Newcastle United FC, in doing so they protect their cartel. 

I hope Maxi is going no where, he's a special player with sublime skills and once cultivated he will excel under the stewardship  of Eddie Howe and his team.

3 minutes ago, Wild Geese said:

The press/media are an absolute disgrace, they print shite !

The media steadfastly maintain their right to freedom of the press, if the news item has a factual basis or a quote from an informed person or persons, that gives the media outlet the legal right to print the story.

However.......in my simplistic uneducated opinion, freedom of the press does not expand to tittle tattle amongst the gutter press, with no regard to common decency or a obligation to protect the innocent, who may or may not be casualties of the press concoction brewed amongs the self-serving political lackeys.

Newcastle United are systematically being undermined by the gutter press, who are under the influence of the established. so called big six.

The Premere League are worth Billions, there established minnions are employed to white ant Newcastle United FC, in doing so they protect their cartel. 

I hope Maxi is going no where, he's a special player with sublime skills and once cultivated he will excel under the stewardship  of Eddie Howe and his team.

You might be overthinking this a tad mate

Back in the day I think Mark Hughes was the sort of player people hated but admitted he's the sort you'd love if he was your player.  Very dirty in a physical sense but also that horrible sly Man United way but also very good.

I don't get that vibe about Gordon.

Since we lowballed and had two bids rejected for Maddison, my assumption here is that we are not going to go in all guns blazing and pay over the odds for Gordon. I don't see that as a remote possibility. We have highly rated staff now, not a bunch of numpties with money to burn. Jamie Carragher just called Everton the worst run club in the country and many agreed with him. They are unlikely to have the wherewithal to extract a large fee, even if we were prepared to pay one.

Yes, we may have paid big for Wood and Isak, but both were high-pressure buys. Wood was to get him in immediately for the Watford and Leeds games. Isak was after another Wilson injury. We are not desperate for a wide player, not when Maxi is not even starting. Gordon is mostly likely squad player and one for the future.

For what it's worth, Mr Talbot is reporting that his source at Everton hasn't changed their tune despite reports today. Everton are likely to accept our offer of £35 million plus £15 million in add-ons.

The bluster about playing hardball must be coming from our end.

8 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Is he trying to force a move? What’s with him not showing up for training? Not too sure on his professionalism if this is the way he’s going on. 

Got Trossard to Arsenal, no problem with it personally.