Anthony Gordon

Jack27

1 hour ago, wyn davies said:

Issue being would he do the same with us at a later date to try the same game

I get it and agree, i do also hate the guy but can we blame somebody working for a club in total dissaray so much that people are getting death threats and it seems managers getting sacked was leaked to the press before telling them, on the verge of dropping out of the prem and collapsing due to FFP because a club lying on 3rd, on their way to a cup final and on the up is in for them?

16 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Poor statting from Mozo Football here, like. If it's not per 90, it's not up to much. Miggy's played 573 more minutes than Gordon, which is over six full games more.

Not sure why it's particularly relevant, but WhoScored has Miggy at 1.8 tackles per game and 0.4 interceptions, with Gordon at 2.1 tackles and 0.3.

This is also Miggy at his absolute peak, and I don't think anyone's arguing Gordon's having a good season.

You know I've noticed there were certain people that claimed it would be a disaster if we didn't get a right winger in the summer and that we'd not manage a European place if we didn't. And it's the same set that have now convinced themselves without Maddison we won't finish top 4.

Always convincing themselves of some imaginary scenario that they are so certain of somehow. Can't wait for the rest of the season to play out man.

4 minutes ago, IzzyIsak said:

Anyone think the reaction of the fans not wanting him might make the club think twice?

Not a chance. They have scouted the player from head to toe. Gone through his data and personality on every level.  

2 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Not a chance. They have scouted the player from head to toe. Gone through his data and personality on every level.  

Also, he seems like a pretty solid player with bags of potential.

lets just see if we sign him and if we do get behind the lad 150%, show him he is wanted, believed in and help lift him up to the heights of confidence the likes of Miggy and Joelinton are now at after previously being made to suffer under a shite manager at a dysfunctional football club

1 minute ago, mosstef said:

Also, he seems like a pretty solid player with bags of potential.

Hes not a bad player. I understand the scepticism but he was good for Everton last season, and i think he suits the system, but do he take us to the next level....probably not.

19 minutes ago, Rich said:

Poor statting from Mozo Football here, like. If it's not per 90, it's not up to much. Miggy's played 573 more minutes than Gordon, which is over six full games more.

Not sure why it's particularly relevant, but WhoScored has Miggy at 1.8 tackles per game and 0.4 interceptions, with Gordon at 2.1 tackles and 0.3.

This is also Miggy at his absolute peak, and I don't think anyone's arguing Gordon's having a good season.

Mozo are garbage. Pick and choose whatever fits the agenda 

3 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Hes not a bad player. I understand the scepticism but he was good for Everton last season, and i think he suits the system, but do he take us to the next level....probably not.

We're only a couple of injuries away from Matt Ritchie's reanimated corpse getting a game. Depth might not take us to the next level, but the level we've made it to right now is about 10 levels higher than most people expected at the start of the season. And I think if we want to maintain that level, we neeeeeed depth.

Edited by SEMTEX

Just now, SEMTEX said:

We're only a couple of injuries away from Matt Ritchie's reanimated corpse getting a game. Depth might not take us to the next level, but the level we've made it to right now is about 10 levels higher than most people expected at the start of the season. And I think if we want to maintain that level, we neeeeeed depth.

Totally agree

2 minutes ago, NWMag said:

I wonder if Howe sees Gordon as an 8 potentially? He plays Anderson there and they seem quite similar styles 

Have to disagree there, I don't think they're even remotely similar.  Is Gordon's passing anywhere near good enough to play CM?

edit: comparison to midfielders from FBref.

image.png.22eacca821214b847e8577433f51b3f9.png

Edited by Eveready