Anthony Gordon

Jack27

7 minutes ago, SEMTEX said:

We're only a couple of injuries away from Matt Ritchie's reanimated corpse getting a game. Depth might not take us to the next level, but the level we've made it to right now is about 10 levels higher than most people expected at the start of the season. And I think if we want to maintain that level, we neeeeeed depth.

This is it really. It's understandable that our fanbase isn't yet used to the idea of building a squad, and if he's coming in for that reason it's not as bad as people are making it out to be, even if you don't like him. Some of the same people that lost their shit because Maxi was ill the other week and wanted him gone.

It looks as if we're leaving the big signings until the summer but we need to replace Wood.

Versatility, youth with experience, potential, British, value for money (even at 40m).

He's the sort of lad you could see spending his entirely career here and if you end up spending 40m on someone who spends 10 years are more, it won't be seen as bad business.

Mind, I'm not entirely convinced it will happen.

4 minutes ago, STM said:

Versatility, youth with experience, potential, British, value for money (even at 40m).

He's the sort of lad you could see spending his entirely career here and if you end up spending 40m on someone who spends 10 years are more, it won't be seen as bad business.

Mind, I'm not entirely convinced it will happen.

Some shithouse on talksport now claiming to be an itk. Claims it’s off, Everton want same money Chelsea previously offered.

who knows, probably no one. Can’t see us spending £60m though. 

1 minute ago, FLUMPO235 said:

Some shithouse on talksport now claiming to be an itk. Claims it’s off, Everton want same money Chelsea previously offered.

who knows, probably no one. Can’t see us spending £60m though. 

That “shithouse” being Alex Crook who’s very good at his job

Just now, sushimonster85 said:

Apparently Alex Crook (TalkSport) has now said it's unlikely due to Evertons demands. 

Yes heard him say this. Valuation too far apart at the moment. Also the current vacant management post possibly an issue.

54 minutes ago, Holloway said:

I really hope we don't sign this cunt

Cunt.thumb.jpg.7ed608a4c93ef7ec46cd5e9d1c66c8f8.jpg

I guess being a cunt and being a great player aren't mutually exclusive then.

And obviously being a precipitous, hyperbolic, reactionary and being a cunt certainly aren't.

1 minute ago, Hank Marvin said:

Cunt.thumb.jpg.7ed608a4c93ef7ec46cd5e9d1c66c8f8.jpg

I guess being a cunt and being a great player aren't mutually exclusive then.

And obviously being a precipitous, hyperbolic, reactionary and being a cunt certainly aren't.

Who are you, Mr fucking Logic ?

If it's Gordon or nobody I'd rather we kept our powder dry until the summer.  I don't think it'd be a disaster not to bring him/anybody in. Disappointing yes but not criminal given Isak is back and hopefully the resurgence of ASM.

If the club are absolutely insistent on signing Gordon anyway I suspect he'd probably be cheaper in the summer if we're being a stickler for the FFP rules.

3 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Is he trying to force a move? What’s with him not showing up for training? Not too sure on his professionalism if this is the way he’s going on. 

Ben Arfa not only refused to train, but flew himself to Newcastle to try to force a deal through and he was an instant legend on here. 

Murphy waves goodbye to a player sent off and it's met with giggles and legend salutes, but we're holding a grudge against this kid for getting in Trippier's face.

He's been playing in a team as dysfunctional as NUFC was 18+ months ago, but let's ignore that context and post some negative stats like there's no evidence of players improving in our current setup.

His face wasn't sculpted out of stone like Fabian Schar, so he must be crap. 

I've said myself it feels a little underwhelming, but some of the reasons being given to not want him here are pretty ridiculous. It's always possible a transfer doesn't work out, but we may also be buying a 21 year old Englishman at a discount. You don't have to use your imagination that much to envision a scenario where this works out incredibly well.