Anthony Gordon

Jack27

2 hours ago, Ben said:

Something doesn't seem to sit right with me about this transfer, the Everton fans want rid of him because of his lack of effort, he's obviously a little scroat and is he even close to the England first 11.

Maddison seems a much better deal to me but I'll trust the club with their decision 

We’ll sign Maddison in summer anyway

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

‘Hi, Bill - it’s Farhad.  Listen, I know we wanted £55m, but could you make sure you let Jacque Talbot from the Twitter know I’m actually prepared to accept less.  Yeah, I know it would probably best not to reveal our negotiating strategy to a desperate twat on Twitter who lies for likes and retweets, but I feel it’s important that we feed him info.  You work in theatre, you’ll understand.  Probably’. 

Edited by TheBrownBottle

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

‘Hi, Bill - it’s Farhad.  Listen, I know we wanted £55m, but could you make sure you let Jacque Talbot from the Twitter know I’m actually prepared to accept less.  Yeah, I know it would probably best not to reveal our negotiating strategy to a desperate twat on Twitter who lies for likes and retweets, but I feel it’s important that we feed him info.  You work in theatre, you’ll understand.  Probably’. 

Talbot is quoting the guardian there, he’s not saying it’s his own information.

Just now, McCormick said:

You lot realize we wouldn’t even know about our interest if “journalists” hadn’t broken the news. I understand the ire to an extent but the constant journo bashing on here is a bit over the top tbh.

It's all part of the transfer fun / chaos. I think journalists are fair game for the most part. If 95% of their output doesn't come off then they can take some healthy abuse on here. In reality, they're only feeding off scraps themselves as any sensible club is not going to give them much info but when they say stuff like "the deal is almost done" and then it comes to nothing they deserve to take some heat 

4 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

The fact that he's British pushes the price up as there could be limitations as to how many foreign players you can have in your side. Plus he's young and with a mentor like Eddie, who knows.

I doubt that, and even if a rule like that were to come in it would be retrospective.

24 minutes ago, McCormick said:

You lot realize we wouldn’t even know about our interest if “journalists” hadn’t broken the news. I understand the ire to an extent but the constant journo bashing on here is a bit over the top tbh.

Aye, our club is clearly on lockdown so info is hard to come by on that front for the local lads, but agents, intermediaries and club sources have all kinds of vested interests for leaking a story to the media.

33 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Agree with this. Some of the vendetta's against journalist are proper weird. I don't think it helps that confirmation bias is very much a thing when people look for transfer stories. It may be slowly turning, but the majority still seem to want this Gordon transfer not to happen, so will be all over any story saying it's unlikely, and look for reasons to shit on stories claiming it's close. 

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Look in his thread. There’s questions and assumptions about his personality all the time 

Do you mean from within the club or just posters speculating on here?

51 minutes ago, McCormick said:

I was only taking the piss.  But the detail they go in to is complete bollocks - they’re being fed by agents, not the money men.  

17 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Agree with this. Some of the vendetta's against journalist are proper weird. I don't think it helps that confirmation bias is very much a thing when people look for transfer stories. It may be slowly turning, but the majority still seem to want this Gordon transfer not to happen, so will be all over any story saying it's unlikely, and look for reasons to shit on stories claiming it's close. 

I’m one of those defending the Gordon signing.  Perfectly happy for him to sign. It was a joke, though I find the transfer guru types irritating 

It’s a nice idea to imagine we keep the Gordon money and Maxi turns into a pressing maniac whos no longer prone to muscle injuries but it’s unlikely to happen like that. Maxi has explosive pace but I don’t see him built for an intense press for 60+ mins, hes being used as a 70 minute sub probably because that’s how he’s most effective in this side. He comes on against tired legs and when the need to press is reduced, he pins back his right back because they are scared of his speed and ability to go past them. Maxi is great for that role and wether he stays depends on if he’s happy with not starting as many games imo, Gordon offers something entirely more suited to starting in our current set up.

Some legs look a bit tired lately to me, just highlights the need for depth even more. We need to build a squad capable of an extended schedule by next season which is why we seem to be pushing late in the window for an extra (potential starter) body. Gordon would be an important signing at this stage, 60m is steep but likely isn’t accurate. 

Edited by Nine