Anthony Gordon

Jack27

personally think it’s quite scummy to do this to your boyhood club who pay you pretty well and are fighting relegation. Seems like an arsehole thing to do.

I’m not convinced by his ability, but I’m even less convinced by his character.

Now I could be wrong here but just thought I'd throw this in, I'm sure Howe is an Everton fan, think he mentioned it in an interview. Probably watched him a good bit.

If we look at this from the viewpoint that Almiron was a very similar player before EH, great at running around pressuring players, but no end product. Gordon is faster, younger, and has two feet. I'd put money on Howe making him a quality player for our system, and getting his fitness back up.

1 hour ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

they hate us and are paranoid as fuck.  I don't believe it for a second.  Just a nice forum fairy tale.

Almost as if they’re the Mackems of Liverpool, making up stories and taking them as gospel 

30 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Kane did something similar when City came along didnt he? Maybe a little bit more light. When you are getting chased down the road, and people who are supposted to back you are now screaming at you with abuse, it changes things. Its not like Joelinton is some saint on the pitch either, and he has just been taken for drink driving. I think Howe knows very much about his attitude.

Tbf to Kane - Levy went back on a supposed gentleman's handshake.

This lad just wants out while his boyhood club fights relegation.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Tbf to Kane - Levy went back on a supposed gentleman's handshake.

This lad just wants out while his boyhood club fights relegation.

and while being chased down the street by his own supporters.

He's a 21 year old kid getting loads of abuse and scapegoated while showing more effort that most last season to keep those Scouse makem cunts up.

I trust our lot to have checked everything on him and have faith anyone we sign has a purpose as they have shown that so far. A kid like him with Trips etc around him could be good as he has talent.

8 minutes ago, gdm said:

More goal contributions last season than Joao Pedro :razz:

TBH I would've been happy with Joao Pedro at £25m, would probably be happy with Gordon at a similar price. If we were fighting for 7th not 4th.

Ability wise I did like JP more to be honest. In the final 3rd of the season, he was the best Watford forward. I remember him and Gordon were similarly priced in FPL. I paid particular attention to Gordon because of that and I was not impressed.

1 hour ago, Ben said:

I would never condone his behaviour here, but I will hold my judgement until he has his say.

I would never condone his behaviour here, but I will absolutely condone it over there. Go on lad, burn those bridges!

Not sure if people watched the video of him chased down the road in his car... But knowing the streets around the ground, the supposed threats against the board, players etc why would you want to go through that every home game?

I bet you half the team would leave if clubs come in for them! 

Also he is not the first or the last player to go down this route... Even Messi did it Barcelona the first time he wanted to leave.

3 hours ago, Jack27 said:

whether he's a dickhead or not, whether he's loaded or not... he's a 21 year old kid and must have been shitting himself.

the everton fans driving out one of the few players able to keep them up, and likely demoralising most of the others.

they are fucking thick as pig shit.

go after the owners, not "one of your own".

players will be on to their agents already. just begging for the season to be over. i bet they dont even care if they get relegated any more.

and where's the criticism from the media? we got pelters for some online piss taking of bruce and anti ashley demos/chants but were never even close to this level of behaviour.

Just now, BennyBlanco said:

I’m under no illusion that if he does this once he’ll do it again. Never good to be the first rat that leaves the sinking ship. He’s either a little twat or he’s being very very poorly advised.

ffs man, have you literally had your head buried in the sand until now.

or are you just dead hard? if you were in gordon's situation, would you have got out of the car to have a chat with the nice fans and ask them to shift the roadblocks?

2 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

I’m under no illusion that if he does this once he’ll do it again. Never good to be the first rat that leaves the sinking ship. He’s either a little twat or he’s being very very poorly advised.

And what happens to rats that don't leave a sinking ship?

Do they end up playing for Boyhood Club FC in heaven?

Sounds like Boyhood Rats FC is very badly advised.

Either a Dead Boyhood Rat or a poor adviser twat.

1 hour ago, Theregulars said:

Would you want to engage with an organisation which did nothing to help while a bunch of people related to that organisation chased you down a street shouting and threatening you and recorded you going about your private life before releasing it online for general public viewing? 

You're making it about angry fans again? Im only questioning him thinking missing training for 3 days is a good idea, and Howe has a good group here, top professionals.

I'm pretty sure he could get into training unscathed, if he really wanted to, footballers are pretty well protected.

49 minutes ago, Smal said:

personally think it’s quite scummy to do this to your boyhood club who pay you pretty well and are fighting relegation. Seems like an arsehole thing to do.

I’m not convinced by his ability, but I’m even less convinced by his character.

No one knows the full / true story ?

Stop speculating - FFS