Anthony Gordon

Jack27

8 minutes ago, SteV said:

Did we piss and moan this much about what Fraser did at Bournemouth before we bought him?

Nah and we were all buzzing when Ben Arfa forced his move

Edited by gdm

14 minutes ago, Hank Marvin said:

And what happens to rats that don't leave a sinking ship?

Do they end up playing for Boyhood Club FC in heaven?

Sounds like Boyhood Rats FC is very badly advised.

Either a Dead Boyhood Rat or a poor adviser twat.

With still half a season left to play it’s very very early to be throwing the towel in and spitting your dummy out on your boyhood club. 

7 minutes ago, SteV said:

Did we piss and moan this much about what Fraser did at Bournemouth before we bought him?

We didn’t buy him, the situation with him was very different, we weren’t negotiating with his club at the time, etc etc

And yes concerns were raised by many at the time

23 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

I’m under no illusion that if he does this once he’ll do it again. Never good to be the first rat that leaves the sinking ship. He’s either a little twat or he’s being very very poorly advised.

Maybe he has a young adult decided that being in that toxic environment is not good for his mental health and personal development and is using the only way he can think off. Lacking the experience to make a more calm adult choice. 

Maybe being away from that environment and having a role model around will be enough to help develop into a better human being.

I love how modern society is quick to judge based on here say and paper gossip, and are so unwilling to even accept that people do change there character.

4 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

We didn’t buy him, the situation with him was very different, we weren’t negotiating with his club at the time, etc etc

And yes concerns were raised by many at the time

Why was his situation “very different”?

3 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

With still half a season left to play it’s very very early to be throwing the towel in and spitting your dummy out on your boyhood club. 

Didn’t stop Bruce rocking up with no  fucking towel to manage his boyhood club! [emoji38]

10 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Thankfully The Daily Mail is a beacon of accurate reporting and journalism with integrity, so we can be rest assured that this story is 100% true.

Similar to TalkSport Twitter (reliable) vs TalkSport Radio (horse shit) the Daily Heil's sport's reporting isn't that terrible. At least not in comparison to everything else they publish anyway.

2 hours ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

No fucking time for players who carry on like that. He’s a young lad and possibly being badly advised but he needs to think on.  

He’s thinking on, he’s thinking on. In his block, which you may knock off.

I don't blame him for what he's done like, home town club or not. His career is going nowhere at Everton and he may have asked for a move in a more professional way, then they've pissed us/him about with their inflated valuation.

Any other player forcing a move like this wouldn't be criticised by the buying club. It happens all the time. 

2 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Maybe he has a young adult decided that being in that toxic environment is not good for his mental health and personal development and is using the only way he can think off. Lacking the experience to make a more calm adult choice. 

Maybe being away from that environment and having a role model around will be enough to help develop into a better human being.

I love how modern society is quick to judge based on here say and paper gossip, and are so unwilling to even accept that people do change there character.

I think you know “maybe” is doing a lot of heavy lifting there pal. 

Its been widely reported that he’s told em he isn’t going back, I think that sentiment, at this stage of the season when he doesn’t know who they are bringing in to try and rectify things is a bit shit. 

4 minutes ago, SteV said:

Why was his situation “very different”?

He was at the end of his contract and refused to extend it to cover ‘Project Restart’. Well within his rights to protect his future contract position 

Edited by geordie_b

1 hour ago, Smal said:

personally think it’s quite scummy to do this to your boyhood club who pay you pretty well and are fighting relegation. Seems like an arsehole thing to do.

I’m not convinced by his ability, but I’m even less convinced by his character.

He's probably a bit pissed still that they cost him a move to Chelsea, as dodgy as they are right now. Everton is just a toxic place to be, boyhood fan or not.

Just now, geordie_b said:

He was at the end of his contract and refused to extend it to cover ‘Project Restart’. Well within his rights to protect his future contract position 

How would you have felt if one of our players had done that?

4 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

I think you know “maybe” is doing a lot of heavy lifting there pal. 

Its been widely reported that he’s told em he isn’t going back, I think that sentiment, at this stage of the season when he doesn’t know who they are bringing in to try and rectify things is a bit shit. 

Even if a certain group of fans makes it clear that you are not wanted in a most harrowing way? Fuck 'boyhood club' at that point.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

Totally up to the player, we would have let his contract run down to get in that position and if the player got injured then they might not get a contract elsewhere. I would like to think a solution would have been found but club would have needed to pay him a significant signing fee to do so

Edited by geordie_b

6 minutes ago, SteV said:

If a load of our fans had chased his car and put a roadblock up to stop him getting away i think i'd be fairly sympathetic

Edit:. Sorry, thought you were talking about Gordon.  I would have been pretty pissed off if it was one of ours in the Fraser situation

Edited by simonsays