Anthony Gordon

Jack27

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/jan/16/police-say-they-did-not-receive-reports-of-threats-to-everton-directors

It’s worth noting the police have disputed the ‘threats’ narrative from the Everton board. 

If I was a player I would feel like they threw me to the wolves with that decision. With no board members there basically out of cowardice the players became the proxy for a number of fans. 

Absolutely sympathise with the lad if he feels like he doesn’t want to play for a team like that.

I don't watch much of Leeds but the couple of games I've watched this season Harrison has looked poor. I'm sure there's a lot of quality there as we were definitely interested in the past but I feel Gordon is more direct. Gordon feels like a player who is already perfectly in the mould that Eddie wants 

11 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I don't watch much of Leeds but the couple of games I've watched this season Harrison has looked poor. I'm sure there's a lot of quality there as we were definitely interested in the past but I feel Gordon is more direct. Gordon feels like a player who is already perfectly in the mould that Eddie wants 

I think the Harrison link was due to his neat and suave hair cut, whereas the Gordon one is based on raw talent that Eddie is relishing unlocking! 

Massively conflicted, but if he's truly who we want then who am I or any of us to question the people who've just about got us to a cup final whilst sitting 3rd in the league.

Gonna be a weird first couple of games cheering on Anthony Gordon.

3 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Massively conflicted, but if he's truly who we want then who am I or any of us to question the people who've just about got us to a cup final whilst sitting 3rd in the league.

Gonna be a weird first couple of games cheering on Anthony Gordon.

First 100 mph half the pitch running press, assist or goal and he’ll be embraced! :indi:

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

They were both better players at the time of signing, and neither screamed "cheating scrote".

On the other hand, Gordon has never been involved in a racially motivated assualt. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Everton fans seem to think the same thing (refusing to train) happened with Stones and Barkley and are suggesting is the board who are ultimately telling players not to come in and making them out to be the bad guy to fans.

Don’t want their asset crocked in training, don’t want a baying mob & media circus at training. Makes sense to me!