Anthony Gordon

Jack27

27 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Look, I’m sure we’re all agreed that his going on strike shows his character not to be up to scratch.  I mean, what sort of man would go on strike at Everton - his boyhood club - to sign for Newcastle?  Disgrace.  Shows he wouldn’t be a good fit. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-speed-goes-on-strike-to-press-claim-for-transfer-1141775.html?amp

Oh.  Forgot about that. 

Frazer done the same at Bournemouth 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I'm not even sure what bidding means though. Surely if you're actively talking to a club about buying a player from them, that's negotiating a deal.

Well yeah.. 

1 minute ago, JonBez comesock said:

We are 3rd with one of the best goal differences 

We are still producing chances

We have lost once in the league 

We have Isak back 

but wHERE WiLL DA GoaLs COmE FroM?

He means Everton, but yeah.

No way Dyche will want him to stay if the kid doesn't want to be there and he's made that clear. Plus I'm sure he'd appreciate having £40m to spend in the next few days on a couple of players.

I'm sure this will get done before the weekend is over.

40 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

I actually think (depressingly) Dyche keeps them up. It's a suprisingly competent appointment. Obviously Everton fans seem gutted as they think they should be appointing 'elite' managers, but he is the best realistic option they had. He will make them hard to beat, and they will will scrape survival. Then next season when he has them playing solid but unspectacular football and they sit around 14/13th at the mid-season point they will hound him out. 

I’m not sure they will survive but out of the options Dyche might offer them the best chance. While someone like Bielsa would be more inspiring he likely wouldn’t have the time or personnel to implement his style effectively in time to win them enough points to stay up, the guy spent a couple of seasons moulding that Leeds side into promotion winners. 

They need signings at the top end of the pitch mind, there’s little goals in that side as it stands. Unless Dyche can have them grind out results with set pieces and a solid back line they are done imo. And the best part is they need to sell to spend..

Edited by Nine

If the rumoured points around Bielsa not liking the state of the squad from a pace perspective are to be believed, then it's not a big leap to say that in such a system that him taking the job would be conditional on Gordon staying. Bielsa may have spoken to Gordon and he might have received assurances, which is why he's back today. 

All speculation, I just don't think him back in training is good news for us when trying to sign him. 

2 minutes ago, HawK said:

If the rumoured points around Bielsa not liking the state of the squad from a pace perspective are to be believed, then it's not a big leap to say that in such a system that him taking the job would be conditional on Gordon staying. Bielsa may have spoken to Gordon and he might have received assurances, which is why he's back today. 

All speculation, I just don't think him back in training is good news for us when trying to sign him. 

Back at the training ground, and in training aren’t the same! 

6 minutes ago, HawK said:

All well and good but looks like Dyche is getting the job 

11 minutes ago, HawK said:

Or they've decided to appoint Dyche because they couldn't agree with Bielsa, so Gordon is off. 

If it is Dyche then I think they've prioritised the money off Gordon over the managerial ability of Bielsa. Not sure which approach is best for them atm, just clears the path more for us imo.