Anthony Gordon

Jack27

He’s going to have to sharpen up but I believe he will. With us flying high in the league, one foot in the league cup final, I feel there’s a sense of real seriousness at our club. Everyone is buying into the project including subs and periphery type players. This is a massive opportunity for him. He has no other option than to fall in line. 

Without wanting to be dragged into a "he's shit - no he's not". This is just another fee that makes me think that fees are hugely inflated at the moment. What has he done to justify costing this much? I ask genuinely as I've not followed him closely so I only see the obvious e.g. 21 and no senior call ups, on the bench for a team that looks relegation bound.

Just now, Shearergol said:

That's not what I asked. What are you basing the price tag on?

His ability - for £40mil you've got to have demonstrated some ability - even at youth level. But bar a purple part in one year it's nothing special.  

Just now, duo said:

His ability - for £40mil you've got to have demonstrated some ability - even at youth level. But bar a purple part in one year it's nothing special.  

But what sets that bar? Who exactly are you comparing him to? 

4 minutes ago, Joseph said:

Any paying up of the contract would count as expenditure for FFP purposes so wouldn’t help. 

This assumes we wouldn't be able to sell a 23-24-25-26 year old English forward to anyone. Do you know how bad he would have to be for that to happen?

Edited by timeEd32

5 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

I hope he does well for us. He might do, who knows but I cant help but feel we've dropped a massive bollock. 

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/anthony-gordon.115788/page-925

This thread makes for some viewing like. They're delighted he's gone and think its sensational business for them. Guess we'll find out if he's as mediocre as they say. 

The only positive way I can spin this is I used to have a friend who was a massive Everton fan. When Stones wanted to leave he was absolutely shit and overrated according to him and it seems to be a bit of a theme from their fan base. 

I’m hoping that’s the case with Gordon. 

9 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

I hope he does well for us. He might do, who knows but I cant help but feel we've dropped a massive bollock. 

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/anthony-gordon.115788/page-925

This thread makes for some viewing like. They're delighted he's gone and think its sensational business for them. Guess we'll find out if he's as mediocre as they say. 

Definitely worth taking on board and taking seriously like, but not gospel. I thought the money we got for Wijnaldum, Sissoko, and Milner was incredible, but they were all playing each other in the Champions League final a few years ago and 2 of them are Premier League winners. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

6 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Yeah man, lets the discount the view of those that watch him week in, week out. What do they know? 

Well they thought he was the second coming of Rooney 6 months ago, so…