Anthony Gordon

Jack27

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Ashworth and Howe are in charge of our transfer strategy.  I’ll trust their judgement 100%, while acknowledging 100% success rate is likely impossible.

Just be thankful that they’re in charge of it, not those who went before … :) 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4_s3vBNeTy8

Ashworth is not our chief scout and he’ll be the first to admit that. By his own words he’s the center of the wheel - and that specific link up is Steve Nickson’s scouting team + Howe and his backroom team. Ashworth links the two together and Howe has spoken very very highly of our chief scout. 

^ just trying to make sure we give Nickson some just due as well. 

While deep down I always hoped we’d spend this kind of money for some other winger we’ve been linked with, there is something very exciting about a young English player with bags of potential, highly rated universally by most scouts and football people who can grow with the club. 

People need to give up worrying about how much we spend, we're fucking loaded and it's not even your money!

Just enjoy the rebuild, let the accountants worry about FFP and soak it all in

Bit pissed writing this but......aye, gan radge Amanda!

I don't care if we spent 20m or 60m on him, not my money.

I didn't want him but Howe and the club did, they know more than me and i'll now get behind him as he's an NUFC player.

And fuck Everton.

Edited by IzzyIsak

2 minutes ago, La Parka said:

Colback vibes

Howay, he's rapid, he can strike off both feet, he's actually got very good technique. You can never be sure how a transfer will work out but he's got all the attributes to be successful under Howe and in our system 

Just now, gbandit said:

Howay, he's rapid, he can strike off both feet, he's actually got very good technique. You can never be sure how a transfer will work out but he's got all the attributes to be successful under Howe and in our system 

Soz I meant his hair lol

I agree btw. 

27 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Yeah that’s a ridiculous comparison, Colback ffs 😂

Gordon gives us much more depth and considering how much work our players are required to do you need quality to bring off the bench to maintain intensity. He’ll also push Miggy and others to maintain form and enable Howe to rotate players more to avoid fatigue. 

He’ll flourish under Howe’s coaching imo. 

1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Prefer to think of a Lee Clark, Dave McCreery, David Batty, Keith Gillespie  mash-up. Off to search for some facial morphing software to prove my point … 😉

I think it'd look much like Gordon does anyway.

Good promising English talent who can play across all front 3 positions, ideal for our system. 

By God he's a cheating little shite though, ah well that's the current football way like it or not. Hope he scores a hat trick against Everton.

Edited by Bimpy474

I've lived on Merseyside for 32 years and I'm telling you now he is the archetypal scouser, in that he won't give up or give in and will fight like fuck 

Howe will finesse him, I have no doubt

1 minute ago, 1964 said:

I've lived on Merseyside for 32 years and I'm telling you now he is the archetypal scouser, in that he won't give up or give in and will fight like fuck 

Howe will finesse him, I have no doubt

Tony Geeeeeee!!!