Anthony Gordon

Jack27

44 minutes ago, Rich said:

He’s not Edwards :lol:

He has to have some link, though, because the defence of him is far too much otherwise.

He is my lover true. 

I don’t think he’s a particularly nice man or anything, just think he gets it right sometimes and everyone always piles in whatever he says. Just find it a bit weird and think it’s important to be able to be wrong and say that, as opposed to bullishly repeat your view over and over again despite facts not being in your favour. Big problem in our society at the minute.

When I first saw Gordon I said I thought he looked impressive for his age. I liked his attitude, he wasn’t overwhelmed at all. Thought he had pretty good close control. Worked hard off the ball. Watching the videos now, he’s actually quicker than I thought.

He’s got a lot going for him.

In the age of ‘wunderkids’ 21 and not a global star seems like he’s gonna be bang average. I think that’s unfair. Players do develop at differentiation rates. 
I think the episode with Trippier has tainted him a bit 

Well, and the Trippier thing interests me. I wonder if they came off the pitch and Trippier had said what a rough time he'd given him / how hard he was to play against, and that might have been a factor in wanting him.

Or very possibly I've just made all that up in my own head.

It's only natural that people will pile on and amplify it when someone as antagonistic, conceited, contrarian, and generally unlikeable as Edwards gets things wrong. I don't think it's anything he hasn't brought on himself or anything he doesn't revel in tbh.

Edited by Kid Icarus

I have complete faith in him turning out to be a superb signing under Eddie's guidance and tuition!

We'll look back in a few years time and this fee will be a bargain!

Up Eddie's Shithouse Mags!

1 hour ago, TotalWar said:

I remember when Debuchy signed and social media, apart from saying he was handsome, took the micky out of his hair cut…then within 6 months everyone on Tyneside had that exact hair cut.

Lets hope that the same doesn’t happen with Gordon:D

It’s his Barry Venison-esque wardrobe becoming dernier cri which would be the greater crime against Tyneside couture.  

I've always spoken positively about Gordon as a player, never understood those saying he's shite.

So no revisionism from me as I am happy with the signing, as I think Howe can really elevate his game.

The fee I admit is a touch high based on what I think he's worth but it's not my money so need to stop giving a shit. We've employed some serious people who can worry about the intricacies of FFP so I'll try and not care too much.

As things stand, Wood out, Gordon in, are we overall better? I think so.

23 minutes ago, sempuki said:

Can never understand the Scouse accent. Tried to watch a Paddy the Baddy interview recently but quickly gave up. Could only figure out he ended every sentence with "lad".

Funny that because they understand every shade of geordie accent [emoji38]

They can sound like an old dial up modem sometimes tho and the use of 'lad' at the end of every sentence is fucking annoying 

1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Thought he came across ok in video someone posted (from USA tour). More concerned that he isn’t asked cringeworthy questions. 

‘Can you say something about the fantastic fans? Is that why you came?’ 

10 minutes ago, 1964 said:

Funny that because they understand every shade of geordie accent [emoji38]

They can sound like an old dial up modem sometimes tho and the use of 'lad' at the end of every sentence is fucking annoying 

Can't stand that, like.

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Anthony, you've mentioned that you want to win trophies. Do you want to win trophies?

Or if it's the other lad.

"Anth, what do you make of Newcastle United so far? Not just as a football club, but as a person"

Edited by Kid Icarus

Under ashley I was underwhelmed by anyone coming in because I knew they'd turn to shit. I've said before how that regime made me apathetic to football for years but I'm pretty excited to see a new player. I know we don't seem to be able to collectively agree on him, but I want to see what he can do in my team, a team I'm properly excited about for the first time in forever, coached by a man who has proved himself already to have good vision and judgement. I can't wait to see him in black and white because I just want to enjoy the new player buzz. 

Also, I like @TotalWar's avatar :)