Anthony Gordon

Jack27

He’ll make a huge difference second half of the season. Players will obvious fatigue more and bringing him off the bench vs Murphy is obviously a huge step up in quality and intensity. Also means we can rotate more and give opposition a different look with our front 3.

1 minute ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I heard on a podcast that he plays more on the right? I thought he was left sided more?

Last season he had a pretty even split between right, centre (CAM/number 10) and left 

5 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

He’ll make a huge difference second half of the season. Players will obvious fatigue more and bringing him off the bench vs Murphy is obviously a huge step up in quality and intensity. Also means we can rotate more and give opposition a different look with our front 3.

Clearly it'll enable Eddie to rotate more, but we wouldn't have signed a £45m player unless we felt he would establish himself as a first team player. From what I saw of him last season, he's a better option than Miggy or Willock. 

16 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Clearly it'll enable Eddie to rotate more, but we wouldn't have signed a £45m player unless we felt he would establish himself as a first team player. From what I saw of him last season, he's a better option than Miggy or Willock. 

Agree with that. If anything it forces players to raise their game to keep their place. I can see him coming in as a regular starter too. He’s better than Miggy at taking on players in a low block, can go left or right, more trickery. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

2 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Can we stop posting Romano’s tap ins?

Why? I know people say they're "tap ins" but generally he's the most reputable source for transfers out their, he has really good connections and if he's tweeting about it, 9/10 it means they're happening, and while he's not fallible, he's certainly 20x better then most North East journalists.

2 minutes ago, Menace said:

Him going JD after potentially one of the biggest things to happen in his career has made me like him. I bet Eddie makes him quality.

Wouldn't be surprised if someone has given him a nudge to get himself to the metro tbh. Mingle with the fans, get a few photos; a bit of easy relationship building to get some of the doubters on side. 

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Wouldn't be surprised if someone has given him a nudge to get himself to the metro tbh. Mingle with the fans, get a few photos; a bit of easy relationship building to get some of the doubters on side. 

You go to Eldon Square then. Metro centre is full of mackems having a day trip out to civilisation so they can experience electricity for a few hours.

20 minutes ago, 54 said:

Why? I know people say they're "tap ins" but generally he's the most reputable source for transfers out their, he has really good connections and if he's tweeting about it, 9/10 it means they're happening, and while he's not fallible, he's certainly 20x better then most North East journalists.

We’ve been through this so many times. He’s an aggregator of news, very rarely breaks any story. What are his tweets adding to any of our threads? Apart from an extra voice telling us stuff we already know.

He aggravates me far more than Anthony Gordon ever has / will. Mainly because he’s convinced millions of malleable morons that he is in some way the oracle.

10 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

We’ve been through this so many times. He’s an aggregator of news, very rarely breaks any story. What are his tweets adding to any of our threads? Apart from an extra voice telling us stuff we already know.

He aggravates me far more than Anthony Gordon ever has / will. Mainly because he’s convinced millions of malleable morons that he is in some way the oracle.

I mean in this case I agree, his tweet adds nowt as we’ve known Gordon is here for a day, but he’s quite clearly one of the most reliable voices on Twitter (outside of those who literally only comment on done deals) so using him as a ‘news aggregator’ makes sense.

Edited by Hanshithispantz