Anthony Gordon

Jack27

16 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

We’ve been through this so many times. He’s an aggregator of news, very rarely breaks any story. What are his tweets adding to any of our threads? Apart from an extra voice telling us stuff we already know.

He aggravates me far more than Anthony Gordon ever has / will. Mainly because he’s convinced millions of malleable morons that he is in some way the oracle.

Exactly. Edwards led with the Gordon story and was dismissed because not only do people on here have a massive agenda against Edwards but they were not wanting us to sign Gordon so they rubbished the report further. I’ve accepted many on here are beyond sensible reasoning 🙂

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Exactly. Edwards led with the Gordon story and was dismissed because not only do people on here have a massive agenda against Edwards but they were not wanting us to sign Gordon so they rubbished the report further. I’ve accepted many on here are beyond sensible reasoning 🙂

Edwards was first ?

we should keep a track of journalists that break substantial stories.  

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I don't see how anyone can support fan baiting Edwards because he ran with a story that everyone else has. He burnt his bridges with his support of Bruce

20 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

We’ve been through this so many times. He’s an aggregator of news, very rarely breaks any story. What are his tweets adding to any of our threads? Apart from an extra voice telling us stuff we already know.

He aggravates me far more than Anthony Gordon ever has / will. Mainly because he’s convinced millions of malleable morons that he is in some way the oracle.

The thing is, that's kind of the point? He very rarely gets things wrong, whereas most other journalists spew loads of rumors so it's hard to dissect the truth from the clickbait bullshit. 

Whereas if Romano checks his sources, and if tweets about it, it's very likely it's going to happen.

Also, if people's argument ends with an insult, I find it very hard to take them seriously and it completely belittles your argument, we can have a disagreement with the need of name calling.

7 minutes ago, LFEE said:

To be fair, that agenda is very much warranted like :lol:

6 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Hopefully getting a haircut before his unveiling 

Although I will caveat this statement with I couldn't give a flying F what hairstyle he has as long as he comes in and buys into the club.

8 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I’m amazed people don’t like journalists who constantly talk down to them like. It’s baffling, they’re beyond help those people.

Edwards is the sort of tiresome twat who forgets he publishes transfer tittle-tattle and gives football players rankings in matches, yet has fantasises of being Carl fucking Bernstein.

The constant Bruce wind-ups with the support (while people biting were daft) was just embarrassing and showed he had little in the way of actual professional ethics (again, imagine how low that bar is when your job involves printing rumours agents give you).  The Henry Mauriss stuff just showed that he is an incredibly piss poor journalist (it was patently obvious to everyone except him that Mauriss didn’t have the wherewithal).

No agenda on my behalf; there is something amusing about watching a mid-life crisis being played out on social media.  And at least unlike Graham Linehan, Edwards isn’t actually harming anyone.  But I find him irritating when he pops into my view. 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Aye, I just find Edwards a sad case to be honest. If you’re a grown man and you get kicks out of winding people up it says a lot about how pathetic your life is

100%.  He honestly thinks he’s out there telling brave truths in a jokey manner, the Bill Hicks of North East football hacks.  I saw this tweet from him on here:

https://twitter.com/LukeEdwardsTele/status/1619416589711073281?cxt=HHwWgoDT0d2zqfksAAAA

and my only reaction was a head shake and thinking ‘you sad cunt’.  Honestly, someone who knows him should just tell him to get off Twitter, or just use it to post links to his articles.  

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Football Insider strikes again by the way. They write a lot of shit, but have now broke Burn, Targett, Ekitike and Gordon.

Serious question, how do you know who broke what? Who keeps track of this?