Anthony Gordon

Jack27

I don't know what I expected him to sound like but that interview was one of the better introductory ones I've seen from us, including the questions. I'm warming to the signing a bit more. Has a lot to prove but I'm very intrigued to see how it goes from here.

11 minutes ago, maze said:

Haven’t seen much of him. What will he offer that ASM or Miggy doesn’t?

In terms of workrate, he will be similar to Almiron. He's not going to be a skillfull winger like ASM but he can weave and turn and has a quick burst of pace.

He will contribute a few goals by winning possession high up the pitch.

3 minutes ago, STM said:

In terms of workrate, he will be similar to Almiron. He's not going to be a skillfull winger like ASM but he can weave and turn and has a quick burst of pace.

He will contribute a few goals by winning possession high up the pitch.

Might work nicely with our strikers and provide some much needed assists?

Still think we need a CM to unlock teams sitting deep against us. 

10 minutes ago, Memphis said:

I don't know what I expected him to sound like but that interview was one of the better introductory ones I've seen from us, including the questions. I'm warming to the signing a bit more. Has a lot to prove but I'm very intrigued to see how it goes from here.

Mad to say that the interview actually changed my entire view on how he was as a person (just in terms of mannerism and how he speaks and answers things). He came off amazingly well. The footage of him saying hi to the lads killed me and even him joking about the bust up with Trips too. 

im hyped up over this signing now. This is going to be awesome to see him develop.  

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

I said over the summer we were desperate for pace and this lad is coming in as our fastest player now, no? Going to score some Vardy-style goals for us even though he won’t be playing CF

His physicality is clearly a big factor, him, Almiron and Isak is some fucking pace.

He's also 6ft, which means he's going to be no pushover.

I'm calling an assist or goal in his first game.

2 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

I think Eddie, the squad, our fans behind him will do wonders for his confidence and he’ll be electric. I bet he scores at Goodison and sends them into hysterics and I’m here for it.

This is the thing that encourages me. Good manager, good team, good fans. Club doing well. I'm hoping this helps his confidence and with Eddie's coaching/arm round shoulder that he really improves and helps us.

Hell of a change for the lad going from a low possession, dull-as-dishwater side to us. It'll be an adjustment, I'm sure.

I have a feeling Howe really likes his movement off the ball when in possession, an option who can make Miggy moves from the other side (or come on in games to do the same). I'll be surprised if he starts much for a while.