Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Just now, Mountain said:

Seeing some elements of Gareth Bale in him. I think once he's confident and been "Howed" he's gonna be brilliant for us.

Also people have been saying he's not a tricky winger but he definitely has some flair, cheeky step overs, taking people on etc

I think Gordon will be good but Bale is a pretty terrible comparison.

I remember Milner regularly doing step overs for us. Shudder.

Gordon will be like Almiron but with more spice and two footed.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

I think Gordon will be good but Bale is a pretty terrible comparison.

I remember Milner regularly doing step overs for us. Shudder.

Gordon will be like Almiron but with more spice and two footed.

I'm not saying he's as good or ever will be as good as Bale.

I am referencing his gait, the way he moves.

To me I am seeing some similarities.

Nuff sed.

58 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I suspect some of it also comes from having been in the top division for so long, it engenders a greater sense of entitlement.  Everton are a big club, and have an impressive history, but their history since the late 80s more closely resembles Southampton or Coventry’s long unbroken runs in the top flight; and they’ve had some very near escapes.  A few years in the lower tiers would likely fix some of those issues. 

Everton were the big losers of the PL in my opinion, they were instrumental in the formation of the PL as part of the 'Big 5' but immediately fell away as soon as is started and were immediately taken over by teams such as Keegan's NUFC and Blackburn. They've always had a chip on their shoulder and for years were flirting with relegation before Moyes had them briefly pushing for the top 4.

8 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

Everton were the big losers of the PL in my opinion, they were instrumental in the formation of the PL as part of the 'Big 5' but immediately fell away as soon as is started and were immediately taken over by teams such as Keegan's NUFC and Blackburn. They've always had a chip on their shoulder and for years were flirting with relegation before Moyes had them briefly pushing for the top 4.

You can even go as far back a the Heysel disaster. Everton where on the cusp of being a European force before the ban 

9 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

Things you don’t love to see ! [emoji38]

7FC9BE0E-0B38-434F-9C87-13F749BCB9D1.jpeg.bc767ec84351a4dada7e43f11dd411b8.jpeg

Sorry for the retro, but will never get another chance to mention this

Cassius Letsplay

Other than that I like Missus Gordon and I'm anhedonic (if that's a word) on such things. Well done Anthony lad, good luck and howay.

2 hours ago, Cort said:

Nah, no empathy with that mob whatsoever. Everything that has been said about our fanbase is actually true of them, but they've been given a free pass and it's ticked me right off, especially with the way they've gone on on Twitter over the last decade about our club. They deserve a relegation and a few seasons down there, can't see their arrogance coming down, but them and their mates the Mackems can have fun together.

I get where you’re coming from, mate, but there are some good eggs like @Neil and @1878 who aren’t what you describe. I reserve some empathy for them, but the motor chasing mongs, thick fucks slagging off his and his missus appearance (not impressed with our own doing it either) can fuck right off. 

Relegation would do them good, I agree, @Cort.

40 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

Yeah, completely agree.  Spurs for the first decade and a half also looked like the other member of the ‘Big 5’ who looked like they’d shot themselves in the foot, being a consistently mediocre mid table side.  The 2010s turned that round for them. 

I'd shag that in a heartbeat. Mind you, after a few jars I'd convince myself Gordon himself was a bird and try and shag him too.

Lads our days are far too picky. Nee one is asking you to marry them. Besides which, she's got some massive Chebchenkos and would no doubt make a cracking bacon sarny in the morning. 

6 minutes ago, STM said:

I'd shag that in a heartbeat. Mind you, after a few jars I'd convince myself Gordon himself was a bird and try and shag him too.

Lads our days are far too picky. Nee one is asking you to marry them. Besides which, she's got some massive Chebchenkos and would no doubt make a cracking bacon sarny in the morning. 

5F1B8B98-1C2D-4301-99BC-517ABA17DA08.thumb.jpeg.129d3aa0f0c21809ec93299728a97c62.jpeg