Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Well, have to say the guy comes across really well in the clips that have been shared, and genuinely looks over the moon to have joined. Also seen from the pics he's gone round and met all the boys.

Good thing his character wasn't judged by a clash with the players on the pitch! :laugh:

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Well, have to say the guy comes across really well in the clips that have been shared, and genuinely looks over the moon to have joined. Also seen from the pics he's gone round and met all the boys.

Good thing his character wasn't judged by a clash with the players on the pitch! :laugh:

Pashun innit! [emoji38]

10 minutes ago, Rich said:

Brilliant :lol:

While so many on here where losing their shit over the whole thing, Howe recognised what it said about his willingness to fight for his team :lol:

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Brilliant :lol:

While so many on here where losing their shit over the whole thing, Howe recognised what it said about his willingness to fight for his team :lol:

I think more people were stating he has a lack of end product on the pitch rather than bemoan his ‘fighting’ attitude. 

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

I think more people were stating he has a lack of end product on the pitch rather than bemoan his ‘fighting’ attitude. 

Rubbish :lol:

What thread were you reading man?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to him getting on the pitch, then we'll see about that lack of end product too.

The more I think about him being chased down the street by Everton fans the more I keep thinking of the bus wankers scene from Inbetweeners.

Fan: "Fooocccckkkking nob 'ead"

Mate 1: "Haha nob 'ead?"
Fan: "I don't know, it just felt right"

Mate 2: "You can see his little face drop as he realises, 'I must be the nob 'ead"

Then part 2 being where they try it on Duncan Ferguson's car and apologise for getting their necks stuck in his hands.

9 minutes ago, Manxst said:

I've been reading a fair bit about the use of data and analytics in football and one of the basics stats is that teams who win the ball high up the pitch (not just a high press but an effective high press) create many more chances and win more games. He's coming into that sort of team so I'd expect his stats to change.

On a side note I'd love to sit in on a discussion with the recruitment team going through the data, what they are looking for and at and what they think others have missed.

12 minutes ago, madras said:

I've been reading a fair bit about the use of data and analytics in football and one of the basics stats is that teams who win the ball high up the pitch (not just a high press but an effective high press) create many more chances and win more games. He's coming into that sort of team so I'd expect his stats to change.

On a side note I'd love to sit in on a discussion with the recruitment team going through the data, what they are looking for and at and what they think others have missed.

His shot creating actions from winning balls in the final 3rd is among the best in the world.

I didn’t want to flap on too much in the thread a few days ago when everyone was freaking out but it’s pretty obvious why we rate him and £45m could be a bargain.

24 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Rubbish :lol:

What thread were you reading man?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to him getting on the pitch, then we'll see about that lack of end product too.

Same thread as you. No one was talking about him fighting with Trippier etc other than if he joined there might be words said between them (as a joke, I’d presumed). All the negativity was about him being a diver, whinging at fouls against him, and having no end product.