Anthony Gordon

Jack27

I think he's come across fantastically well in these two videos. Enjoyed the one from his Everton days at the food bank, too; seems like a sharp but grounded lad. 

I love that our 'no dickheads' policy is in fact the 'no dickheads off the pitch' policy.  Because - Ernst Scharvro Blofeld aside - for all our guys are fucking arseholes for 90 minutes on a Saturday (Gordon now presumably included), they seem like such a canny fucking bunch during the day-to-day. Compare Joelinton's babyfaced smile with his contorted, growling matchday face, for instance. :lol:

I would've paid to see the entirety of that conversation between Howe and Gordon btw. 

You could tell he was switched on, happy, engaged with the medical, players and coaching staff. I bet it feels great to feel a few hundred miles away from the hot mess that is Everton and the gobshites chasing his motor. 

4 hours ago, madras said:

Got to admit I don't like those "players meet new team mates" videos. Meeting new people can be awkward enough without someone filming it and putting it all online.

I agree and he handled it like it was absolutely nothing, 21 years old.

32 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

You could tell he was switched on, happy, engaged with the medical, players and coaching staff. I bet it feels great to feel a few hundred miles away from the hot mess that is Everton and the gobshites chasing his motor. 

Couldn't agree more, you nailed it.

54 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I think he's come across fantastically well in these two videos. Enjoyed the one from his Everton days at the food bank, too; seems like a sharp but grounded lad. 

I love that our 'no dickheads' policy is in fact the 'no dickheads off the pitch' policy.  Because - Ernst Scharvro Blofeld aside - for all our guys are fucking arseholes for 90 minutes on a Saturday (Gordon now presumably included), they seem like such a canny fucking bunch during the day-to-day. Compare Joelinton's babyfaced smile with his contorted, growling matchday face, for instance. :lol:

I would've paid to see the entirety of that conversation between Howe and Gordon btw. 

Agreed, was special, Howe saying he's been following him closely for months/years, I wanted to hear more.

32 minutes ago, Mountain said:

Agreed, was special, Howe saying he's been following him closely for months/years, I wanted to hear more.

You never know we may get to hear more of that stuff in the near future if we agree to let the Amazon lot in to film their documentary.

4 minutes ago, Mountain said:

The best player in the world?

Maybe not but it's marginal

Looks pretty good plus the music.. I am first am foremost a prog rock fan, but second is that 70's shit and is the close second.

Good highlights, thanks for posting that.

Just now, McDog said:

Looks pretty good plus the music.. I am first am foremost a prog rock fan, but second is that 70's shit and is the close second.

Good highlights, thanks for posting that.

Jokes aside I love prog rock, who are your faves?

40 mil is a bargain we've signed one of the players of this century, "generational talent" is insulting to his greatness. We've actually pulled off the heist of the century.

Edited by Mountain

I would imagine the physical and tactical demands of becoming a professional footballer these days are so great than all of the genuine arseholes are filtered out long before anyone reaches the first team. This was still possible a generation or so ago, when players would have five pints on the night before. Back then, there was still enough scope to make it with talent and not so much application. Even the poster child for modern arsehole footballers, the now-aged Christiano Ronaldo, keeps himself in incredible physical condition.

On the flipside, players are paid so highly these days that it is reasonable to expect far more of them.

Football is one of the few places left for working class people to shine. Former opportunities in pop music and acting/entertainment are increasingly drying up, so we should not be too harsh on the few working class people left on our tvs. Not to the extent that it can affect them mentally anyway.

5 minutes ago, Stottie said:

I would imagine the physical and tactical demands of becoming a professional footballer these days are so great than all of the genuine arseholes are filtered out long before anyone reaches the first team. This was still possible a generation or so ago, when players would have five pints on the night before. Back then, there was still enough scope to make it with talent and not so much application. Even the poster child for modern arsehole footballers, the now-aged Christiano Ronaldo, keeps himself in incredible physical condition.

On the flipside, players are paid so highly these days that it is reasonable to expect far more of them.

Football is one of the few places left for working class people to shine. Former opportunities in pop music and acting/entertainment are increasingly drying up, so we should not be too harsh on the few working class people left on our tvs. Not to the extent that it can affect them mentally anyway.

You are correct on all fronts.

6 hours ago, Mazzy said:

You never know we may get to hear more of that stuff in the near future if we agree to let the Amazon lot in to film their documentary.

The club have an independent company in making a documentary. That’s why you are seeing more clips like this already.

1 minute ago, PauloGeordio said:

Amazon?

The plan would be to sell it to them or Netflix. I’m guessing EH wasn’t overly keen which I agree with but maybe going down this route they can have more control over it 🤷‍♂️ 

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

The plan would be to sell it to them or Netflix. I’m guessing EH wasn’t overly keen which I agree with but maybe going down this route they can have more control over it 🤷‍♂️ 

More moolah 💰, raise the clubs profile further. Can’t wait :indi: