Anthony Gordon

Jack27

There were lots of good performances tonight but ASM noticeably did nothing again when he came on and Almiron is regressing at almost the same speed as he improved earlier this season. Gordon is going to be starting very quickly.

9 hours ago, Away Toon said:

There were lots of good performances tonight but ASM noticeably did nothing again when he came on and Almiron is regressing at almost the same speed as he improved earlier this season. Gordon is going to be starting very quickly.

Almiron’s assist was great. Think he’s been playing fine (not perfect) just teams have found it easier to stop him from getting into scoring positions. 

21 minutes ago, petenufc1985 said:

Can he play centre mid?

Not sure if this is a genuine question or a commentary on our Jan business :laugh2:

But not really, no. Closest he has come to that is playing as a 10 behind a striker, so could potentially be used there in a 4-2-3-1.

I understand this might sound ridiculous but I’ve just seen this video of Neymar on Twitter and it really reminded of all the highlight videos I’ve been watching of Gordon. Based on that alone I can say with 99% confidence that Gordon is gonna be world class. He’s already as good as Neymar at diving [emoji38] 

*half trolling half serious but did honestly see similarities in the two 

28 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

I understand this might sound ridiculous but I’ve just seen this video of Neymar on Twitter and it really reminded of all the highlight videos I’ve been watching of Gordon. Based on that alone I can say with 99% confidence that Gordon is gonna be world class. He’s already as good as Neymar at diving [emoji38] 

*half trolling half serious but did honestly see similarities in the two 

he does say in this interview that Neymar is his favourite player.

probably why he loves a dive. which I do hope he tones down a bit, it's canny ridiculous at times

I think this signing has gone under the radar in how transformational could be for us. 

Winger who gonna press and be able to offer all the qualities Willock does defensively but an extra edge up top that someone like ASM gives us.

Also, said this before but he reminds me of Heung-min Son.

Edited by Thumbheed
Eillock

11 hours ago, STM said:

Was like some weird dream when our fans started singing his name.[emoji38]

Love it me like. Think it’s class that they were brought out pre match, shame it isn’t possible to do it for all but signings. 

3 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Love it me like. Think it’s class that they were brought out pre match, shame it isn’t possible to do it for all but signings. 

Yeah, I bet Gordon in that moment was thinking "thank fuck this went through". 

What a change of environment. Everything is better for him at Newcastle.

Can see Gordon starting on the left with Bruno's injury, moving Joelinton to the middle with Longstaff + Willock. We're going to miss Bruno badly. I think the best we can do is try to bypass our midfield when playing out from the back and look to play through Trippier.

Joelinton can carry the ball through the middle, but Longstaff and Willock are both poor on the ball when pressed. I can see us playing a bit deeper and playing on the break more as a result of this. Maxi should look good when he comes because of this change. Isak will be instrumental in retaining possesion and moving the team forward in transition.

Edited by HawK

On 30/01/2023 at 16:29, Kid Icarus said:

Loving the introduction video with Howe talking about the area etc. 

Did you clock the AS quote? 'We have the same ambitions as Manchester City in terms of success and trophies'.  We all knew it, of course, but confirmation that's what they're selling to new additions.

In hindsight it's baffling to think of some of the wingers Rafa bought considering the workrate he wants from them. It should have been obvious from the start that Babel and Pennant were never going to put in the graft of someone like Kuyt or Kewell.