Anthony Gordon

Jack27

1 hour ago, HawK said:

Can see Gordon starting on the left with Bruno's injury, moving Joelinton to the middle with Longstaff + Willock. We're going to miss Bruno badly. I think the best we can do is try to bypass our midfield when playing out from the back and look to play through Trippier.

Joelinton can carry the ball through the middle, but Longstaff and Willock are both poor on the ball when pressed. I can see us playing a bit deeper and playing on the break more as a result of this. Maxi should look good when he comes because of this change. Isak will be instrumental in retaining possesion and moving the team forward in transition.

I think Willock is quite press resistant, myself. If he’s facing up to the opposition player I think it’s hard for them to force him into giving it away. 

35 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

In hindsight it's baffling to think of some of the wingers Rafa bought considering the workrate he wants from them. It should have been obvious from the start that Babel and Pennant were never going to put in the graft of someone like Kuyt or Kewell. 

I hear you’re a racist now Father :lol: 

Guest reefatoon
42 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Honestly fancy that Schar has needed convincing and still carries a bit of a grudge.  PR overdrive getting this quote out.  Club is so good at it now.

Of course not, it happens all the time on the pitch and in training. They wouldn’t have given it a second thought after. 

29 minutes ago, Lotus said:

I think Willock is quite press resistant, myself. If he’s facing up to the opposition player I think it’s hard for them to force him into giving it away. 

Sure, I agree. I think I phrased my point badly. What I meant was with Bruno, when he's under pressure he can still make progressive passes, or at least maintain our position. Willock and Longstaff I feel will not do this and will lay it back to Botman/Schar as they're less perceptive of our players in space when they receive the ball. So we're not going to get much from Schar/Botman bouncing passes to and from Willock and Longstaff.

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Just his name to Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes.

Hope that gets ditched pronto. Dull and generic as it comes. If we're determined to go with less than half a dozen lyrics per song, at least make it Gordon is a Geordie to the moron tune.

3 hours ago, 80 said:

Hope that gets ditched pronto. Dull and generic as it comes. If we're determined to go with less than half a dozen lyrics per song, at least make it Gordon is a Geordie to the moron tune.

It worked really well. The whole ground picked it up straightaway which ultimately is the bigger picture as generic it might be. Also I don’t recall us having a chant to this tune in our repertoire but I may be wrong? 

Just now, LFEE said:

It worked really well. The whole ground picked it up straightaway which ultimately is the bigger picture as generic it might be. Also I don’t recall us having a chant to this tune in our repertoire but I may be wrong? 

Was trying to think earlier. Papiss Demba Cisse?

3 hours ago, 80 said:

To the tune of 'Lola' by The Kinks

I met him in a club goin down the pan
Where the football's rank & the owners from IRRRRRAN
AYE, ARR, AY, EN, IRRRRANNN

He squared up to me and he asked me to fight
I asked him his name
And in a thick scouse voice he said, GORRRRRDONNN
GEE OHH ARR DEE, OHHHHH ENN
GUH-GUH, GUH-GUH, GORRRRRDONNN

WELL, HE'S NOT THE WORLDS NICEST GUY
BUT WHEN HE SPRINTS DOWN THE LINE
DEFENDERS CRYYYY
OH MY GORRRRRDONNN

WELL I'M NOT DUMB, BUT IT'S FUCKIN BIZARRE
TO SEE THE GRAND OLD TEAM, CHASINNNN HIS CAR
OH MY GORRRRRDONNN

GORRRRRDONNN

Ad Infinitum, etc etc

:lol:

Got to admit I cringed when I heard the seven nation army chant, its an awful tune for a football chant and has zero creativity or wit. 

Nearly as bad as the most boring chant ever - liiiiiiverpool, liiiiiiverpool, liiiiiiverpool 

6 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Got to admit I cringed when I heard the seven nation army chant, its an awful tune for a football chant and has zero creativity or wit. 

Nearly as bad as the most boring chant ever - liiiiiiverpool, liiiiiiverpool, liiiiiiverpool 

Chelsea, Chelseea, Chelseeea, Chelsea.

5 hours ago, 80 said:

It's a 45 year old song, our time is over man :lol: