Anthony Gordon

Jack27

His passing seemed sharp and snappy. Always looked to play it and then move.  Quite a few of our players are slow to shift it on. Always wanting an extra touch or just undercooking the pass.

Promising 20 mins from him. Probably get longer next week. Then I reckon he’ll start against Liverpool. Unless ASM suddenly clicks and offers a bit more than he did today. 

1 hour ago, 54 said:

I'm not sure if Howe will do it as he's quite a loyal manager and will probably stick with ASM, but it wouldn't surprise me if this lad starts next week. 

nah, Eddie's brutal man.

loyalty wont come before trying to win.

ASM and Targett will attest to that.

20 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

We were too slow switching play. He immediately changed that with his first touch. (My thought at that second: oh, I was wrong he’s good. Here’s hoping…)

I noticed that as well. We had some fantastic situations but were undone by unnecessary dithering. Very frustrating since we are clearly trying to switch this up, but it's not natural to players who aren't used to operating at such high levels. Not their fault really, we are asking guys who could barely find a place in our side a year ago to play CL football.

I think he’ll soon be a nailed on starter for at least the remainder of this season. Can see straight off why Howe wanted him. Quick and direct, always loving to move / receive, will chase down everything and looks like he has enough between his ears to make the *right* pass. Howe player all the way.

I enjoyed his cameo. He was very quick with the ball, effective with it and dribbled well. That through ball for Wilson was excellent. With Eddie and the team coaching him I am excited at the potential.

2 hours ago, Jaqen said:

Was more impressed by his speed of thought than anything. He has a good appreciation for space, what's around him and knows what he's going to do with the ball before he's even received it. Everything he did was with a purpose. 

Spot on description that. Before he's got the ball he was very aware of what was on. Almost a littlr Bruno-esque awareness and confidence when receiving the ball.

He's going to be a great option on our left or our right I think. He's got Miggy's defensive ability so could easily slot in with Trippier on the right and obviously better defensively than Maxi and better going forward than Joe. Think that flexibility will really help with us being able to rotate more and continue playing the same way.