Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Goodbye Saint-Max?

As good as he is on his day, the consistency just isn't there. The amount of possession he wastes surely must be on Eddie's mind.

If Gordon can just be consistent that alone will be enough to see Maxi on the bench or moved on eventually imo.

Gordon looked so positive on the ball, direct as fuck, couple of touches and then a decisive pass or just the simple ball to retain possession. This is where Maxi goes wrong, just never knows when to call it a day and play the easy ball that keeps things ticking. Mostly a frustrating player, occasionally a brilliant player.

Gordon should come away from that feeling good, and we don't have the time to mess around giving players a chance that arent performing imo. We need to go all out for a good league finish by using our best players for our style.

I love ASM for his unique style, would love him to hang around and come off the bench, but with how were trying to be competive on all fronts eventually I don't see these characters fitting, consistency is the key to winning and he has none whatsoever. Plus bloody annoying injuries.

Gordon to start vs Bournemouth.

Could see he brought something new to the team. All the other players were doing the same things and play but when this lad came on, his ideas and creativity sparked the others into trying something different. We need that now.

Edited by nufcjb

During Gordon's brief cameo, he seemed a lot more lively than ASM and surely has to start ahead of him for Bournemouth, as we already know they'll have 10 men behind the ball. 

Very impressed with Gordon, he is so direct, exactly what we needed.

8 hours ago, huss9 said:

might even make it as a 10.

This is what I’ve been thinking for a while now. Miggy on the right, asm on the left and Gordon in behind Isak would be scary. Especially with Bruno pulling the strings in behind them and jow doing the running/cleaning up. That’s probably my dream side right now. Also Targett in at LB and burn as cover for our cbs

9 minutes ago, Sufi said:

This is what I’ve been thinking for a while now. Miggy on the right, asm on the left and Gordon in behind Isak would be scary. Especially with Bruno pulling the strings in behind them and jow doing the running/cleaning up. That’s probably my dream side right now. Also Targett in at LB and burn as cover for our cbs

I think I’ll stick with Howe’s tactics tbh.  They seem to work reasonably well, and generally the football hasn’t been bad either.  Bruno works really well where he is - I’m sure more quality will be added in the summer so we can start putting the chances away. 

2 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

Looking forward to seeing him on the left with Taggart. I think it will really balance us up with Trips and Miggy on the right

The side are well balanced at the moment; Burn moves inside when we’ve our first XI in the side allowing Trippier to push forward, changing to a back three with Bruno sat ahead.  We attack and defend on the flanks in threes - Bruno to the right, Willock / Joelinton to the left supporting the winger and FB.

Squad depth, not formation, is the problem for me 

12 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

Looking forward to seeing him on the left with Taggart. I think it will really balance us up with Trips and Miggy on the right

Once Taggart finally gets back from his latest case we’ll have to see how this plays out 

14 hours ago, The Prophet said:

No wonder Evertonians are pissed, he’s rapid, got football intelligence and elevates the game, players around him. He’s only 21 too! He’s going to be a huge player for us, buzzing with that debut. Did everything we thought he’d do and more, Isak instead of Wilson on that through ball = WIN.

5 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

No wonder Evertonians are pissed, he’s rapid, got football intelligence and elevates the game, players around him. He’s only 21 too! He’s going to be a huge player for us, buzzing with that debut. Did everything we thought he’d do and more, Isak instead of Wilson on that through ball = WIN.

Isak prob would have cut the ball back when the CB went down like he did at Anfield and then banged it in high. 

3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Isak prob would have cut the ball back when the CB went down like he did at Anfield and then banged it in high. 

Isak wouldn't have needed to cut back. The defender wouldn't have been able to make that ground up on him.