Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Not sure if I'm describing it correctly, but he looked a lot calmer and assertive than I was expecting compared to the games I've seen him play for Everton. 

Did his face somehow turn a bit less rat like during the game?

Without doing too much slithering around , I thought he looked much less of a cunt in the black and white 😊

His confidence,movement and touch look like exactly what we need. Can't wait to see him link up with Bruno and Isak

3 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Without doing too much slithering around , I thought he looked much less of a cunt in the black and white 😊

His confidence,movement and touch look like exactly what we need. Can't wait to see him link up with Bruno and Isak

He’s playing “happy”, he’ll grow into his potential with us and Eddie! :indi:

Quite a few aspects of his game yesterday reminded me of HBA. The raw pace, natural dribbling ability, quick/accurate first-time passing. And he appears to work really hard out of possession, and is big and physical. In summary, potentially the best player in the world.

Everything he did, he did with intent and decisiveness. The confidence to take one touch and then play a pass at speed and move. He will link up with Bruno great. He instantly started to play off Big Joe a few times. It looked like he'd been here longer than Maxi the way he integrated. Excited to see more...Hopefully he starts next game. I'd go Gordon, Wilson, Isak - left to right. Almiron's right foot issue is boiling my blood now. 

5 minutes ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

Everything he did, he did with intent and decisiveness. The confidence to take one touch and then play a pass at speed and move. He will link up with Bruno great. He instantly started to play off Big Joe a few times. It looked like he'd been here longer than Maxi the way he integrated. Excited to see more...Hopefully he starts next game. I'd go Gordon, Wilson, Isak - left to right. Almiron's right foot issue is boiling my blood now. 

Yes I’m sure opposing defenders haven’t been told to put him on his right side so he’ll cut back up the field as the opposition regroup. Love Miggy but 1 footed! His Magic foot has scored some sex goals mind :indi:

2 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

Yes I’m sure opposing defenders haven’t been told to put him on his right side so he’ll cut back up the field as the opposition regroup. Love Miggy but 1 footed! His Magic foot has scored some sex goals mind :indi:

Agree! love Miggy too, just wish once in one hundred he would hit the byline and not cut back. I'm sure you can kick a ball with your wrong foot if you use it everyday.

:)

6 hours ago, Conjo said:

Not sure if I'm describing it correctly, but he looked a lot calmer and assertive than I was expecting compared to the games I've seen him play for Everton. 

Did his face somehow turn a bit less rat like during the game?

Once signed, Botman proved faster, Bruno more athletic, and Gordon more handsome. It’s the black and white way! 

42 minutes ago, 80 said:

I'm suffering the effects of whiplash from reading the new consensus on signing Gordon...

I'm pretty sure it was almost unanimously agreed everyone here thought he was a great player and good all around fellow and value for the money. There could have been the odd bloke who called him a rat faced cunt I'll concede.

:dog:

Just watching the highlights again, fuck that was such a class through ball for Wilson. Took me by surprise when it happened. 

Love the quick passing you see from the players we've acquired over the last 12 months. Trippier, Bruno, Botman, all love a quick pass; very much conjures a yao smiley when Jonjo Shelvey has allegedly been our best passer here for the last however many years. Looks like we've another one in Gordon, and that's promising at 21 cos it takes a real football brain to see opportunities like that. 

Pity about Wilson's shite first touch which lost him that microsecond to enable the tackle. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Just watching the highlights again, fuck that was such a class through ball for Wilson. Took me by surprise when it happened. 

Love the quick passing you see from the players we've acquired over the last 12 months. Trippier, Bruno, Botman, all love a quick pass. Looks like we've another one here, and that's promising at 21 cos it takes a real football brain to see opportunities like that. 

Pity about Wilson's shite first touch which lost him that microsecond to enable the tackle. 

If Wilson keeps going across the keeper the CB can't tackle him, however its a much harder finish. Like others have said, Gordon gives us another excellent option, is rapid, seems to have a really good awareness, and can't be a total shithouse if needed.  

Wasnt a massive fan of this signing, but could kind of see how he would fit it. That said its safe to say that is not the impact i was expecting him to have, if he can keep that up then he's going to be soo much better than i expected. 

since he can’t play the final as he is cup tied, I am guessing he won’t start any league match before that final. Eddie might want to keep the starting XI fresh and sharp for that game, and Almiron and ASM will be the likely starters.

1 hour ago, Solitude20 said:

since he can’t play the final as he is cup tied, I am guessing he won’t start any league match before that final. Eddie might want to keep the starting XI fresh and sharp for that game, and Almiron and ASM will be the likely starters.

I'd be amazed if ASM starts the final. 

12 hours ago, 80 said:

I'm suffering the effects of whiplash from reading the new consensus on signing Gordon...

While I will praise him for his debut, far too early to change an opinion on him.

Football fans love a 180 in double quick time :lol:

4 minutes ago, STM said:

The only question for me is if he can get the numbers. Not worried about his workrate or attitude or busy-ness.

Can Eddie give him a cutting edge?

I would think so yes. You’d think Howe and the current set up is ideal for him coaching wise. He’ll also work very well with Bruno and Isak with their movement.