Anthony Gordon

Jack27

I'd be shocked if ASM doesn't start against Bournemouth. It's not Howe's style to not give players a fair crack imo. Look at the chances Wilson's had while not performing.

He'll get at least 45 minutes to turn it on against relatively weak opposition, away from the pressure of SJP before bringing Gordon on imo.

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'd be shocked if ASM doesn't start against Bournemouth. It's not Howe's style to not give players a fair crack imo. Look at the chances Wilson's had while not performing.

He'll get at least 45 minutes to turn it on against relatively weak opposition, away from the pressure of SJP before bringing Gordon on imo.

Will be interesting to see if it plays out this way, I expect it will, but I also suspect Wilson is a favourite.

4 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I think West Ham was the test and Gordon proved himself in 20min to be of more value to our shape and systems than ASM did in almost 70.  We'll try to get a couple goals in the first half against Bournemouth and then go on to a more defensive shape to see the game out. 

Then again, Howe could do exactly what you've described. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

I think West Ham was the test and Gordon proved himself in 20min to be of more value to our shape and systems than ASM did in almost 70.  We'll try to get a couple goals in the first half against Bournemouth and then go on to a more defensive shape to see the game out. 

Then again, Howe could do exactly what you've described. :lol: 

It's different playing from the start of a game, and coming on for your debut against tired legs. Will he play like that for 90 minutes? If he does, we got a 200m player on our hands.

40 minutes ago, Conjo said:

It's different playing from the start of a game, and coming on for your debut against tired legs. Will he play like that for 90 minutes? If he does, we got a 200m player on our hands.

Agreed, he had an advantage coming on when he did. However, for some perverse reason I watched more Everton games last year than I should of and Gordon, Richarlson, Iwobi were the engine room of Lampard's survival run. 

Gordon is just as effective in moving the ball up the pitch as Maxi and isn't the defensive liability our rogue Frenchman is. When ASM is on his game, he's awesome, but overall, he is a hindrance to our team shape and system. I love the creativity, character and highlights Maxi brings to our team, but he's better coming off the bench.

Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 9.05.18 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 9.06.28 AM.png

11 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Agreed, he had an advantage coming on when he did. However, for some perverse reason I watched more Everton games last year than I should of and Gordon, Richarlson, Iwobi were the engine room of Lampard's survival run. 

Gordon is just as effective in moving the ball up the pitch as Maxi and isn't the defensive liability our rogue Frenchman is. When ASM is on his game, he's awesome, but overall, he is a hindrance to our team shape and system. I love the creativity, character and highlights Maxi brings to our team, but he's better coming off the bench.

You need to compare them both against the same data-set or it's just misleading...Gorgon with 1.92 shots per 90 is 93rd percentile, ASM with 2.08 per 90 is 40th percentile?

16 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

This is Gordon's

image.thumb.png.1e46283e0e9b304152bf39ab008df7bc.png

Needs a better song, mind.

Ooh, baby, do you know what that's worth?

Anthony Gordon is the best on earth

A silky scouser, just what we need

Newcastle's gonna win the premier league

x14 

To the tune of Heaven is a place on earth

Just to wind up the Scouse Mackems, because it's their tune.

Anthony Gordon took a notion
For to join Eddie's team (or For to join N U F C)
And he left Everton behind him
Lying in the bottom three

Edited by Stottie

33 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Just to wind up the Scouse Mackems, because it's their tune.

Anthony Gordon took a notion
For to join Eddie's team (or For to join N U F C)
And he left Everton behind him
Lying in the bottom three

Was that originally about Princess Diana? 

On 06/02/2023 at 12:03, Mike said:

He was on for ten seconds before I saw him do things we never ever fucking do. Immediate boost to the squad. I love him.

Great debut for me. I know I’m going OTT but he Reminded me of Bruno’s little pirouette (sp?) when he made his first appearance from the bench last season. Gordon’s turn and pass to Longstaff was excellent for a first touch on debut and the through ball to Wilson just made me even more excited. He brings a real sharpness of thought and movement. Can’t wait to see him and Bruno ping the ball around like they did in that spell during the semis of the cup. Not seen that kind of football for years! 

considering he looked like a YTS kid when they filmed him meeting his teammates…he is surprisingly tall. Hope he fills out soon!