Anthony Gordon

Jack27

2 hours ago, AJ9 said:

Right bunch of flannels in here like. He’s obviously a twat, but surely we can trust the club in what they see. 

It's become quite apparent that Howe still isn't really trusted by a fair few, which is astonishing really.

1 hour ago, STM said:

Upset the dressing room. [emoji38]

Are we just filling in the blanks about his character?

He's also only 21, so when people talk about "he's not this, he's not that", he's got loads of time to improve.

There's been posts saying he would be the biggest mistake of the new regime so far. 

Some posts have said categorically that he isn't good enough and won't add anything to help the team push on the rest of the season.

All stated so matter of factly as if they could ever be certain about such things. We'll see. I think it's going to be a laugh coming back to this thread at some point.

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

It's become quite apparent that Howe still isn't really trusted by a fair few, which is astonishing really.

I mean, I never support going full cult status with anything. He isn’t some sort of divine entity or cosmic power. He has definitely proved me and many so wrong and I’m super stoked about that, but that won’t stop me being skeptical like with the Wood transfer. Calls’em like I sees’em

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

There's been posts saying he would be the biggest mistake of the new regime so far. 

Some posts have said categorically that he isn't good enough and won't add anything to help the team push on the rest of the season.

All stated so matter of factly as if they could ever be certain about such things. We'll see. I think it's going to be a laugh coming back to this thread at some point.

It all comes down to the question whether he is willing to listen to Howe and strictly follow his instructions.

51 minutes ago, worthy said:

We are really going with 30 and up to 50 in addons. What a fucking waste of FFP money.

Kudos to Everton. This is a massive scam sale.

If he signs, you’ll have to judge him based on his performances in a Toon shirt. 

13 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I don’t think it’s got anything at all to do with trust to be honest, I think some people have seen Gordon and don’t see much of a player at that price. 

If he signs I’m certain everyone will be behind him and hope he turns out to be a fantastic signing. 

7 minutes ago, worthy said:

I mean, I never support going full cult status with anything. He isn’t some sort of divine entity or cosmic power. He has definitely proved me and many so wrong and I’m super stoked about that, but that won’t stop me being skeptical like with the Wood transfer. Calls’em like I sees’em

'Cult status' ... okay :lol:

People go on about Wood but it was a straightforward deal because of the release clause, and we needed a striker urgently. So there was no faffing about with any negotiations. Completely different circumstances.

I think with Gordon people have weirdly just decided he's a horrible person and he's ugly, based on a few football games they've seen him in, and can't get past that.

I see a young player with a ton of potential that is very well suited to Howe's approach of playing a high intensity style game, as he's talked about. We really lack wide players capable of that at the moment, as only Miggy is really currently performing to the required level.

I believe in backing a manager when it comes to getting them the players they want, especially ones that have performed to as high a level as Howe has in such a short time, and who has shown he will get the very best out of the players he has. It's just that simple.

Edited by KaKa

Not a lover of this at all. Didn't want to go anywhere near him, DCL or Mctominay. I don't see the value in any of them.

But I'm happy to be proven wrong by his performances in black and white (if the move happens). 

I've been wrong plenty of times before :lol:

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

People go on about Wood but it was a straightforward deal because of the release clause, and we needed a striker urgently. So there was no faffing about with any negotiations. Completely different circumstances.

I think with Gordon people have weirdly just decided he's a horrible person and he's ugly, based on a few football games they've seen him in, and can't get past that.

I see a young player with a ton of potential that is very well suited to Howe's approach of playing a high intensity style game, as he's talked about. We really like wide players capable of that at the moment, as only Miggy is really currently performing to the required level.

I believe in backing a manager when it comes to getting them the players they want, especially ones that have performed to as high a level as Howe has in such a short time, and who has shown he will get the very best out of the players he has. It's just that simple.

The general consensus on here when looking at players also appears to be take players clubs supporters views as a good benchmark.

I'd agree generally as they see them week in week out. But does feel like Gordon is the current poster boy for Everton's failures.

Mind, we give longstaff a hard time and maybe others see differently.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Why would there be anger over ASM not being for sale?

I think he was referring to the club being angered at the rumour of him being offered to clubs. 

It's poorly written (or maybe well written and ambiguous so he can jump around to suit any potential outcome) 

This is the problem with Chelsea having made a daft £60m bid.

It's put that price in Everton's mind, and they know they'll look stupid accepting less just a few months later.

Frankly, if we don't think he's worth that much, walk away. Who knows how desperate they'll be by the summer.

I won't be upset if we miss out on this one.  Genuinely concerned that his attacking output just isn't good enough.  Or, at least, hasn't been good enough.

Obviously could be improved with proper coaching (not PFM Lampard).  And I can be proven wrong!

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I see a young player with a ton of potential that is very well suited to Howe's approach of playing a high intensity style game, as he's talked about. We really lack wide players capable of that at the moment, as only Miggy is really currently performing to the required level.

Yeah what I mean by that is blindly following without any thought for yourself. Some people here have gone full RAWK whenever you are negative or post your views. Both ways to be fair but nevertheless.

I also agree with giving the manager that has performed well the tools he wants and think will get the job done, but the man isn’t perfect and it has shown at times, not that anyone can or should. He has done very well, is there luck involved? Yes. I mean now starts the hard part with us struggling to actually finish off games. Is Gordon a 50 million answer to the problems? I think not. I feel there is value to be had from other players around the world that would do the job much better. 

Alas, if we get him then hopefully I look like a twat. The last thing I would like to be is right in this instance. Cause with the right players we have a genuinely big shot at top 4. 

I'm not as against the signing as some on here.

I haven't really watched all that much of him but I think Howe & Nickson deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Let's see how he develops in our environment rather than Everton which has been a bit of a basket case for the last couple of years or so.

3 minutes ago, worthy said:

Yeah what I mean by that is blindly following without any thought for yourself. Some people here have gone full RAWK whenever you are negative or post your views. Both ways to be fair but nevertheless.

I also agree with giving the manager that has performed well the tools he wants and think will get the job done, but the man isn’t perfect and it has shown at times, not that anyone can or should. He has done very well, is there luck involved? Yes. I mean now starts the hard part with us struggling to actually finish off games. Is Gordon a 50 million answer to the problems? I think not. I feel there is value to be had from other players around the world that would do the job much better. 

Alas, if we get him then hopefully I look like a twat. The last thing I would like to be is right in this instance. Cause with the right players we have a genuinely big shot at top 4. 

Suggest some players that are available this window that could give us the answer at around 50m? I can’t think of much. Probably Harrison