Jump to content

Anthony Gordon


Jack27
 Share

Recommended Posts

I think some of the disappointment being felt is that, yes, he's definitely someone that people could see Howe working with and improving.

 

But that's clashed with the fear that we've got a genuine chance of a cup and a top 4 finish and people want something closer to a finished article to get there, given our squad isn't the strongest.

 

I get that some people don't rate him, I'm not 100% sure myself, but that's maybe affecting people's thinking.

 

Come up with a blammo signing out of nowhere as well like we have before and I think this would be looked at a lot more favourably, and all of a sudden as a great window.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This £40m price tag people keep mentioning, you all need to remember if we hadn't wasted £10m on Pope when we already had Dubravka, we could sign a £50m player instead. That's the annoying thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Rich said:


Aye, this is it. He wouldn’t be on my list at the prices quoted, but I do accept that I’m hardly qualified to judge. With the team we have in place they’ll have seen every bit of footage, done endless background checks, watched him live multiple times, and have financial models working out his market value.

 

They’ll also know our precise position in relation to FFP, which none of us have clue about. If the finances work, we’ll do the deal, if they don’t then they’ll move on.

The thing is though, what Howe really needs to do is pop onto Grand Old Team and he would see that we’re wasting £60m.

 

We just need someone to tell him.

 

 

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not keen on us signing him, but im not sure where the rumours about him being a bad character are coming from ? Not seen anything to suggest that unless I’ve missed something.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The main thing for me, and I'm sure there's a fair explanation for it, is that the target for ages has been Maddison and he's in my eyes, nearer the finished article and exactly what we need when we're playing against a low block. Both this season and in the future.

 

Yet that's gone silent and we're now spending more on potential, in a different position.

 

Seeing will hopefully be believing, I just can't visualise it right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’m not keen on us signing him, but im not sure where the rumours about him being a bad character are coming from ? Not seen anything to suggest that unless I’ve missed something.

 

If we're serious about signing him I'm willing to bet the exact opposite is true.

 

 

Edited by LeeB

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

The main thing for me, and I'm sure there's a fair explanation for it, is that the target for ages has been Maddison and he's in my eyes, nearer the finished article and exactly what we need when we're playing against a low block. Both this season and in the future.

 

Yet that's gone silent and we're now spending more on potential, in a different position.

 

Seeing will hopefully be believing, I just can't visualise it right now.

 

I'm not convinced it's one or the other tbh.

 

I think Gordon is seen as a young player with big potential, and he's a separate signing altogether that we've moved for because of the situation at Everton.

 

I think we'll still see a move for a Maddison type signing at some point, which is probably more likely to be in the summer, but perhaps something comes up in the next week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

@Discowill def have the answer to this one. 


Huh? Is there anger that he’s not for sale? Not sure what Baldwards has written even makes sense unsurprisingly. You’d have to be thick as shit to want to get rid after watching last night.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

 

I'm not convinced it's one or the other tbh.

 

I think Gordon is seen as a young player with big potential, and he's a separate signing altogether that we've moved for because of the situation at Everton.

 

I think we'll still see a move for a Maddison type signing at some point, which is probably more likely to be in the summer, but perhaps something comes up in the next week.

 

Yeah potentially, I just think it's maybe a little cart before the horse in terms of who can make the difference now. Obviously nothing can be ideal all the time though so it's fair enough if that's the situation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Disco said:


Huh? Is there anger that he’s not for sale? Not sure what Baldwards has written even makes sense unsurprisingly. You’d have to be thick as shit to want to get rid after watching last night.

I read it as Edwards saying some of our fans will be angry he’s not for sale. But he loves an ambiguous tweet lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

The article doesn't really make any sense. How can a deal be close if there's a massive difference in the clubs valuation of the player?

 

It just whiffs of Edwards trying to earn his corn out of a standard transfer negotiation. Journos gonna journo and all that.

 

 

Edited by The Prophet

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...