Southampton vs. Newcastle United - 24/01/23 @ 8pm - League Cup SF, 1st leg (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

6 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

That was 2 weeks on from me turning 3. :bluestar:

It’s the last time I went to Soton away that game.  Coach didn’t get back to Newcastle until about 6am - went straight to work with a change of clothes and did a rudimentary set of ablutions in the work bogs, still no doubt lifting of stale lager and tabs.  Happy days

Going to be interesting to see how we approach this game 

Do we just play it safe and think let's keep it level and make it a one off tie at home or do we just go for it and try to get a comprehensive result in the first leg?

I suspect Howe will go for it and then adjust accordingly if we did go behind 

Surely the last game we played is going to be in their minds. We weren’t even that good and we’re missing Wilson and Isak, yet still pumped them 1-4. Early goal and the flood gates could open as they’ll be pushing on to score and we will be able to pick them off on the break. 

Edited by Danh1

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

Surely the last game we played is going to be in their minds. We weren’t even that good and we’re missing Wilson and Isak, yet still pumped them 1-4. Early goal and the flood gates could open as they’ll be pushing on to score and we will be able to pick them off on the break. 

I think almost all our 0-0 draws if we’d scored early would have been 3+ goal wins as we’d just dominate the teams.

30 minutes ago, Disco said:

That FA Cup game makes me feel so fucking old

Pahars and Beattie playing :lol: 

That third goal was something else, top form Dyer was such a joy. Love Bobby's very muted facial expression after Dyer's first sitting there just looking like he's thinking "Who's the fucking Daddy? I'm the fucking Daddy"

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

Think we'll see Isak in for Wilson and otherwise unchanged from yesterday.

The lack of scoring recently will be a worry but we just look so solid and I think Howe will be happy to take our chances in another tight game where we look more likely to score and if it ends 0-0 it's not a bad result by any means.