Southampton vs. Newcastle United - 24/01/23 @ 8pm - League Cup SF, 1st leg (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

9 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Don’t think he’s fit enough for 90 mins, judging from Howe’s comments, which I think rules him out as a starter. 

Let him play 60 or 70 then. Needs to play to get back to his best.

2 hours ago, St1pe said:

I get the clamour for Isak to start but given his comments about lack of training I’d go Wilson. We need to get something from this. 

Howe has said that Wilson returned from the World Cup with a virus and hasn’t trained fully either, hence why he’s looked off the pace.

26 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Howe has said that Wilson returned from the World Cup with a virus and hasn’t trained fully either, hence why he’s looked off the pace.

Wasn’t he ill before he went to the WC as well? 

Really want us to start with Isak - I think it's so important we have both him and WIlson in the side wherever possible for the rest of the season.

Hard one to call tonight because cups innit. Southampton looked impressive in the City game, even if there were some mitigating factors. I think we might sneak a 2-1 but it'll be tight.

TBH I would rather Maxi started on the left today and Joe dropped into midfield.

We have lacked a cutting edge up front lately and I think Maxi must be chomping at the bit to show he merits a place in the team

2 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

The only thing I'm worried about is another infuriating 0-0 draw, we really need to start putting away chances.

This is the only reason why I'm worried now.  Seem to be wasting far too much at the minute.

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

How the fuck are you going to eat those Mushy peas?

Also, why?

This is a good question. Mushy peas, pot noodle a kinder egg and that other thing. Loki must be there somewhere :lol: 

Edited by Rafalove

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

How the fuck are you going to eat those Mushy peas?

Also, why?

I imagine some yoof speak misunderstanding 

I'll bring the moretti 

You bring the san Miguel

Paully, you bring some p's (meaning money)