Southampton vs. Newcastle United - 24/01/23 @ 8pm - League Cup SF, 1st leg (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

2 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Plonker at work said he'd rather finish top 4 that win a this cup. Can fuck right off with that mindset :thdn:

I struggle with that logic. In the majority of our living memory we’ve played in the Champions League. You’d have to be at least 60 to remember us winning a trophy. Probably over 75 to remember us winning the FA Cup. Bizarre 

Just now, TheGuv said:

I struggle with that logic. In the majority of our living memory we’ve played in the Champions League. You’d have to be at least 60 to remember us winning a trophy. Probably over 75 to remember us winning the FA Cup. Bizarre 

I see the logic, CL gives us a huge financial boost in terms of FFP and trophies are just around the corner.

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

Can't believe Isaks not starting like. He needs game time and Callum hasn't looked the best in a while, plus playing him twice in a short time isn't the best. 

He got subbed fairly early last game. Wilson was fully expected to start.

4 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Can't believe Isaks not starting like. He needs game time and Callum hasn't looked the best in a while, plus playing him twice in a short time isn't the best. 

Howe said in his prezza that they hadn't upped the intensity of his training yet.

10 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

Remember 74 and everyone implying a cup win was just around the corner. Long corner mind. 

I realise this version of NUFC gives us more hope but there's no guarantee.

There’s equally no guarantee that we won’t win it 

Not worried because we can't win or lose or even qualify for the final tonight.

Well I guess if we win or lose by 3+ goals we can qualify/be knocked out. I don't see either as a realistic possibility based on our recent watertight-defence-stingy-finishing performances.

I'd be quite happy with a draw honestly, although if we can even just be one goal up and prevent them from sitting back next week then I think the home game might be a very good time.

Also disappointed to not see Isak starting but I suppose he's not ready.

Edited by timeEd32