U.S. Politics

Yorkie

20 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The US stretching its lead in the World Insane Culture War league, with Tucker Carlson saying he wouldn’t shag the new M&Ms cartoon mascot

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64380510

"M&M's will not be satisfied until every last cartoon character is deeply unappealing and totally androgynous. Until the moment you wouldn't want to have a drink with any one of them. That's the goal,"

:lol: But they're cartoon characters, Tucker. 

51 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The US stretching its lead in the World Insane Culture War league, with Tucker Carlson saying he wouldn’t shag the new M&Ms cartoon mascot

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64380510

Not even the first time we've been rocked by this particular scandal... There was an uproar about the desexification of the green M&M a few years back as well [emoji38]

15 minutes ago, Miercoles said:

Not even the first time we've been rocked by this particular scandal... There was an uproar about the desexification of the green M&M a few years back as well [emoji38]

I didn't even know I was supposed to be outraged about this.  I need to update my decoder ring.  I was pissed when skittles changed the green flavor from lime to apple a few years ago.

54 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

"M&M's will not be satisfied until every last cartoon character is deeply unappealing and totally androgynous. Until the moment you wouldn't want to have a drink with any one of them. That's the goal,"

:lol: But they're cartoon characters, Tucker. 

Half of this forum probably has an anime body pillow, don't kink shame.

19 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

I have this mousepad, but of Vernon Anita 

5b5fb826c51f7d210993f41d-large.webp

image.thumb.png.ed3962cb869a8365aa52d2177b11654d.png

EDIT: Not sure that is an effective way to combat carpal tunnel. 

Did you recommend this in Mike's wfh office setup post?

Edited by bobloblaw

Mike Pence, that pious prick, caught with his classified docs at his gaff. Not a peep out of the republicans yet. Good help us if he runs for office. He states he’s first a Christian, second a conservative and third a republican. 

image.png.d6ea2726c00669c139f3f230e0deac7b.png

2 hours ago, Haz said:

Mike Pence, that pious prick, caught with his classified docs at his gaff. Not a peep out of the republicans yet. Good help us if he runs for office. He states he’s first a Christian, second a conservative and third a republican. 

image.png.d6ea2726c00669c139f3f230e0deac7b.png

They were all boxed up, his guys found them and notified the authorities. On the face of it, less dodgy than Biden. Then you look at Biden - his guys found them and notified the authorities, then looked for more. Not great, but on the face of it, not the worst.

Then you look at what Trump did. It’s not even close.

More terrified of Pence and De Santis as president than Trump. The former are both more competent and more extreme in their beliefs. Would much rather have Trump tweet dumb shit for 4 years while nothing happens than either of those two extremist being in office and actually parts of their agenda done.

20 hours ago, Conjo said:

More terrified of Pence and De Santis as president than Trump. The former are both more competent and more extreme in their beliefs. Would much rather have Trump tweet dumb shit for 4 years while nothing happens than either of those two extremist being in office and actually parts of their agenda done.

I’m less terrified simply because they have almost no charisma at all. Hoping that if DeSantis gets the nom then that’s going to be really evident.

9 hours ago, leffe186 said:

I’m less terrified simply because they have almost no charisma at all. Hoping that if DeSantis gets the nom then that’s going to be really evident.

Not totally confident that a lack of charisma will be DeSantis' downfall. People in Florida fucking love him.

how bad is the video going to be of those Memphis cops if they are not going to release it until after 9pm Friday night?

...face charges of second-degree murder, aggravated assault, aggravated kidnapping, official misconduct and official oppression.

when i see those two charges, probably something mindblowingly bad. I mean murder is obviously the worst but those two break my brain.

Edited by thomas

47 minutes ago, thomas said:

how bad is the video going to be of those Memphis cops if they are not going to release it until after 9pm Friday night?

when i see those two charges, probably something mindblowingly bad. I mean murder is obviously the worst but those two break my brain.

I was wondering the same thing.  I know Friday is news dump day, but if it really is that bad, not sure releasing it on a Friday night when people have been drinking and then have a full weekend to go crazy is the best idea.

Yeah it's kind of an outdated PR strategy from the days when people didn't pay extra for the weekend papers or watch news on the weekend. Now with social media Friday night is fucking prime-time, and it's way easier to riot if you don't have to miss work lmao.

Saw the video, not going to post it here. Cop throwing haymakers while the guys hands are being held.  Other cop kicking him in the face so hard he limps later on.  It's straight up murder.