U.S. Politics

Yorkie

These freaks are sitting ducks, how did they think this was going to play out? Do they just not care about spending years behind bars?

They don’t think the rules, or policing, apply to them.

You think they consciously thought “we can destroy property and potentially harm and endanger people’s lives, those in the highest offices of power in the country and get away with it”? Or that they didn’t care what happened to them because they don’t “believe” in being held accountable so didn’t give it consideration? I get the idea that people can “believe” something, but there’s no logic in the world that would ever have come to the conclusion that they wouldn’t be going down so maybe it’s just a further symptom of their delusion

The delusion. In their minds that was going to be the day of Trump's big reveal. The day Trump pulled the trick that would destroy the Democrats. Trump asked them to be there, so they came. Trump told them to go to the Capitol, so they did. How could they be at any risk? How could they be in danger?

It's insane. But their brains are broken.

The amount of mental gymnastics they do are terrifying. I just wish they would use that energy in other ways, rather than peddling in conspiracy theories.

My buddy, posting about why he's leaving Facebook to go to Parlor full-time after someone mentions Parlor being full of conspiracy theories:

"How do you know if something is a conspiracy theory or not when what you are being fed is controlled by one side of an agenda? I’m not like pro anything guy... I’m just saying... the media and big tech are all on the same side and all voting for the same people and getting paid by the same people... so how do you really know what’s real or not when there is really only one steam-lined source of info?"

That's what we're dealing with.

Oh my god, I'm saying thank fuck I don't need to listen to the absolute certainties people talk in for much longer. It's absolutely been said he'd be removed from office before inauguration by many online. Perhaps it's loads of people unaware of the process, but it's a genuine belief out there and after 4 years of it, yes, I was expressing a bit of relief we'll not need to listen to it much more.

Who the fuck is up in arms, man? Can people not express something without it being portrayed in some dramatic fashion? Each post had a fucking :lol: in it, pure livid here. :rolleyes:

Oh my god, I'm saying thank fuck I don't need to listen to the absolute certainties people talk in for much longer. It's absolutely been said he'd be removed from office before inauguration by many online. Perhaps it's loads of people unaware of the process, but it's a genuine belief out there and after 4 years of it, yes, I was expressing a bit of relief we'll not need to listen to it much more.

Who the fuck is up in arms, man? Can people not express something without it being portrayed in some dramatic fashion? Each post had a fucking :lol: in it, pure livid here. :rolleyes:

:lol: This is a safe place, Bluf.  :rose:

I had to go away for few hours after that. :lol:

This was the problem last month, the simplest of interactions spiraling out of control, although I fucking insist some people are just as bad. Up in arms man*. :hmm:

For the record, I'd love to have Trump impeached, jailed, free speech literally curtailed by an overstepping government, but yeah, I also get a little sick of the shit that comes from our side too, sometimes. It can be insufferable, as I'm sure I can be. O0

* Probably shouldn't have read too much into that either. :lol:

I saw the post that was along the lines of "Why do I want Trump removed from office? Because I'm a teacher and when a student asks me why Mike Pence was only President for two days, I can tell them about Trump, the fascism he stood for, and about the consequences."

And I gotta agree with that. It makes a statement and more importantly, it sets an example.

I agree, it should be done and ASAP. I just no faith in it happening due to republicans never mind it happening quickly. Would also be worth the long haul impeachment just to bar him from running in future, but is that likely to be any more effective with the current GOP?

Impeachment continuing now is important. Yes, he'll be out of office before the process really kicks off, but by then the Democrats will control the House and the Senate. Then it only requires 17 Republicans to back impeachment along with al the Dems to impeach him and and ban him from holding office again, which means no 2024. It's both precedent and future planning.

Impeachment continuing now is important. Yes, he'll be out of office before the process really kicks off, but by then the Democrats will control the House and the Senate. Then it only requires 17 Republicans to back impeachment along with al the Dems to impeach him and and ban him from holding office again, which means no 2024. It's both precedent and future planning.

I don't think any Republican actually wants him to run in 2024.  The ones who still "support" him (Hawley, Zodiac) are just doing it to keep the MAGAs onside for their own presidential runs.